Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How PhillyB Fought the Law in Panama and Won (and other fun stories.)

35 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My fav is the boat pic. Nice.

Posted · Report post

damn...I was hoping for more pictures of the "rental car"!!!!

awesome story and pics man

Posted · Report post

Can you finally tell me which DSLR you use?

It's not the camera. Any entry level DSLR can take pictures that look like that. PhillyB happens to have a solid eye for photography. That's the difference

i purchased a sony NEX-5 in 2011 and it's perfect for what i do. entry-level DSLR, sony's release (minolta tech) onto the compact DSLR market and it pretty much blew everything else away. i don't like carrying a separate camera bag around when i travel, but i do carry a satchel with me whenever i'm out (in a foreign country) that has stuff like my passport and IDL in it, so i'm able to just keep it in there because it's so small (picture a large smartphone with a detachable lens) and i can pop it out on a moment's notice if i see something i want to shoot. there are much better options if you want to do any serious shooting, but for what i do this thing is absolutely perfect. best $400 i've ever spent in my life.

but zod is dead on. learn how to properly compose a photograph and that'll do far more than any expensive DSLR money can buy you. i always recommend people to an intro to art class if they're interested in photography... learning age old techniques of composition, layering, subjects, etc. is going to do a lot for the quality of your final product.

Posted · Report post

It's not the camera. Any entry level DSLR can take pictures that look like that. PhillyB happens to have a solid eye for photography. That's the difference

I was just curious breh.

Posted · Report post

Great stuff as usual PhillyB!

Posted · Report post

yeah man I say fug crabs too!

Posted · Report post

Great stories, great pics, thanks

Posted · Report post

I wish I had the balls to do the things you do. Awesome stuff man!

Posted · Report post

well done again man. i hope to do some big travels this year and will include some footage.

Posted · Report post

well done again man. i hope to do some big travels this year and will include some footage.

awesome, where to?

Posted · Report post

I'm gonna do this one day while I'm still skinny and have energy.

Posted · Report post

if you do (and you should) let me know beforehand if it's an international flight and you're flexible and i can probably find rock bottom airfare prices for you

1 person likes this

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments