Photo
- - - - -

How PhillyB Fought the Law in Panama and Won (and other fun stories.)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

It's not the camera. Any entry level DSLR can take pictures that look like that. PhillyB happens to have a solid eye for photography. That's the difference

I was just curious breh.

#17 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Great stuff as usual PhillyB!

#18 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

yeah man I say fug crabs too!

#19 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Great stories, great pics, thanks

#20 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I wish I had the balls to do the things you do. Awesome stuff man!

#21 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,227 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

well done again man. i hope to do some big travels this year and will include some footage.

#22 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

well done again man. i hope to do some big travels this year and will include some footage.

awesome, where to?

#23 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,964 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm gonna do this one day while I'm still skinny and have energy.

#24 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

if you do (and you should) let me know beforehand if it's an international flight and you're flexible and i can probably find rock bottom airfare prices for you

#25 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the awesome thread! Don't see too many of those around here anymore.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,227 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

awesome, where to?

costa rica for now

#27 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,729 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

costa rica for now

sweet. check spirit airlines out of Miami or fort lauderdale, they usually have ridiculously low fares to that region

#28 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,787 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Day Three: drove a half loop on a tiny-ass cement track down the Panamanian side of the Panama-Costa Rica border, parked in a tiny-ass town called Paso Canoa (after accidentally driving into Costa Rica before clearing customs... oops) and walked across a tiny-ass border that is easily the most lax (and confusing) overland border I've ever dealt with. Took a bus into a beach town in southeastern Costa Rica, cooled our heels in a bay and walked down the runway of the local airstrip.

Very cool trip PhillyB. I traveled with my family to Quepos (very touristy, my parents are older folk, non-adventurous), as well as the capital San Jose. My mother and I ventured into the village and had a blast talking with the locals with language barrier. Reminded me of that episode of Louie when he visits China looking for the Yangtze River. It gave me great perspective on life. I was 19 at the time. We were in Quepos when a hurricane hit. The levee broke, drove a car blasting Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Break's" trying to get out of Quepos to the nearest airport with major flooding.

I quoted that passage because I wanted some advice about my road trip coming up in a couple of months since you are a traveler of sorts. Have you ever traveled across America? I'm planning a cross country trip from NC to Cali. I've been debating the southern or northern route with my friends. I have a friend in Montana and one in Western Texas. I'm leaning towards the northern route through parts of Wyoming, Montana, then down through Oregon. I think it would be the most scenic route as opposed to the southern route through Texas. What do ya think?

#29 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,936 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

I'm jealous of PhillyB's life. Like For real

#30 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Very cool trip PhillyB. I traveled with my family to Quepos (very touristy, my parents are older folk, non-adventurous), as well as the capital San Jose. My mother and I ventured into the village and had a blast talking with the locals with language barrier. Reminded me of that episode of Louie when he visits China looking for the Yangtze River. It gave me great perspective on life. I was 19 at the time. We were in Quepos when a hurricane hit. The levee broke, drove a car blasting Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Break's" trying to get out of Quepos to the nearest airport with major flooding.

I quoted that passage because I wanted some advice about my road trip coming up in a couple of months since you are a traveler of sorts. Have you ever traveled across America? I'm planning a cross country trip from NC to Cali. I've been debating the southern or northern route with my friends. I have a friend in Montana and one in Western Texas. I'm leaning towards the northern route through parts of Wyoming, Montana, then down through Oregon. I think it would be the most scenic route as opposed to the southern route through Texas. What do ya think?

you didn't ask me but that area of the country is stunning. you can't go wrong in montana... one of the most beautiful places in the world imo. Go to Glacier... it'll blow your mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.