Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

284 posts in this topic

Posted

If anybody ever tells me to sit down in my section I call them an asshole, poop in my hand and throw it at them, then tell them to "fug off loser".

No you don't.

Posted

If anybody ever tells me to sit down in my section I call them an asshole, poop in my hand and throw it at them, then tell them to "fug off loser".

Well we didn't sit down of course, it is just embarrassing as fug for the franchise to have people like that at the games....

Posted

No you don't.

Ok, you're right. But I think about doing it damnit.

Posted

masochistic? I dont think we are being deprived sexually.

By looking at current post counts, I'd have to agree.

Posted

why is everyone up in arms over this one particular instance of the state giving away money? how do you think large organization, car manufacturers, for instance, get their land and building? the state practically gives away massive chunks of land and helps finance production facilities for the prospect of kia motors employing a few hundred people. here, the state and in turn the people is being asked to help. if you don't want to, that's fine. supply and demand. but don't act like this is anything new.

Posted

Just raise the price on tickets an avg of $35 per seat and this will be paid off in 5 years.

(($35 x 70,000 seats) x 10 Home Games )x 5 years

Posted

The downtown economy boomed when the Panthers built the stadium there.

PSLs paid for the stadium, not the county. They have been reaping the benefits of this team for nearly 2 decades without an investment.

It is time they paid something for this team's financial impact on the community. $125m is fair. Small market teams with no Jerry Jones characters as owners need to create ways to flourish.

Posted

Just raise the price on tickets an avg of $35 per seat and this will be paid off in 5 years.

(($35 x 70,000 seats) x 10 Home Games )x 5 years

Wait. So we are supposed to be pissed about using taxpayer dollars to help renovate the stadium because we haven't had a consistent winner yet, so the solution you propose is to up ticket prices?!?!

I think that would actually go over worse than the 1% food tax

1 person likes this

Posted

at least you are consistent

Thank you very much. I try to be.

I don't believe in it, AT&T which I care nothing about or the Panthers which I care for a lot.

Try not to get emotion wrapped up in it and it's an easier call to make.

Posted

BTW, I believe (and correct me if I am wrong, I may be) we have had a team for about 20 years on only 60 million in taxpayer dollars. That is ridiculously cheap for an NFL franchise.

Posted

I'd pay more for tickets to ensure the Panthers stayed. But I'm a gluten for punishment.

Posted

Wait. So we are supposed to be pissed about using taxpayer dollars to help renovate the stadium because we haven't had a consistent winner yet, so the solution you propose is to up ticket prices?!?!

Talk about an even bigger PR disaster.

Maybe if he fielded a winning franchise it wouldn't be such a PR nightmare.

1 person likes this