Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

284 posts in this topic

It's on prepared food and beverages...so if you don't eat out, it doesn't affect you.

Man, my heart really aches for all those yankees who are Giants fans being taxed. :(

I am consistently surprised that people willingly, almost gladly ask for their items to cost more, and for that money to be sent to any government entity.

Raise taxes on everyone, yet not everyone goes to games nor likes the team. Slick.

Getting funds from the city of Charlotte is a must. The Panthers don't actually make as much money as you might think. I know this because I actually have a copy of the Panthers books from the last 5 years (my company does finance work for them).

JR be spendin' his money like crazy, strip clubs every night, trips to Rome, Paris, and the Caribbeans every week. Bottle of Moet erry' day.

Getting funds from the city of Charlotte is a must. The Panthers don't actually make as much money as you might think. I know this because I actually have a copy of the Panthers books from the last 5 years (my company does finance work for them).

Can't be true. You mean, that........that JR isn't sleeping on a money mountain?!?!?

Oh boy, he's not cheap. Just poor.

Well, he just dished out over 100 million in guarantees....of course there's a cash flow problem.

Thesportseconomist.com/essays

Now you see why LA has no team. Built in bargaining chip.

Imagine the goodwill and # of fans that would increase and angst that would go away if the team simply came out of pocket?

It was a closed meeting because he knew.

Will there be some guarantees on what will be upgraded? If people are going to give money, they should at least have some sort of expectation on what will be done. If it's all going to private sweets so the rich can have more fun with wine and cheese, I'm not so sure I'd be "game" for that.

They seriously, seriously need a sound system upgrade.

Again this is for renovations.

There's absolutely no economic benefit tied to renovating the stadium.

If there was I might be more inclined to have a tax increase.

Keep in mind that according to the Panthers, they have already invested 50 million dollars out of pocket on renovations over the course of 16 years and spend $10 million dollars annually to maintain and operate the stadium.

So if you count when the franchise and stadium were built, that means that JR has spent 248 million on actually building the stadium (using PSL licenses), 160 million in upkeep (10 mill a year x 16 years), and 50 million on renovations.

Scorecard- Panthers 458 million over 16 years,

City of Charlotte 60 million.

Now, who is milking who??

1 person likes this