Photo
- - - - -

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#136 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Charlotte will not lose the Panthers....lesson learned from the Hornets. My major was not buisness, but I can tell you in today's professional sports climate $125 million is not alot. Someone brought up Buffalo, and the new stadium they will get, also what happened in Cleveland after the Browns bolted for Baltimore (and shut up about "storied franchises"...most of you dont' know who Jim Brown is). The point there is that these cities are in economic collaspe and Charlotte is the fastest growing metro area in the US, yet these cities/fans supported new facilities with taxes/PSLs. It will be the Chargers/Rams/Raiders in LA. And BTW some of you keep sending the message that JR is some evil azzhole taking money out of your pocket, as if every other owner is some benevolent saint. Get a life.

#137 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

lol at people having the idea the Panthers will move to LA. I hope that is a joke and people don't really believe that.

Also, lol at the people that call the Panthers a small market team when in fact the PAnthers are in the top 10 in market size

#138 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,358 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm from LA and do not think the Carolina Panthers should be anywhere but in Charlotte.

Quit whining and pay for the damn stadium upgrade. Ill even contribute to Bojangles. Ill Paypal someone to buy and ship me some Bojangles. Don't forget to add that 1% increase.

#139 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Or we could give 125 local schools a million dollars each to improve their facilities and pay raises for teachers.

Nah.

Talk about pissing money down a rat hole!

#140 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

So the government gets to decide what businesses to help and which to let go by the wayside?

Sounds like the best way to continue to be a losing franchise.

at least you are consistent

#141 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Funny how a lot of the people against this tax pay little to nothing to see the Panthers play every year. It's 1% on food and booze. Stop being poor.

I used to go to many games and since I'm from out of town I'm not being poor, I invested in a bigger TV to watch the games on.

Much better than the travel, ticket, and food costs just to watch a giant deuce get dropped on the field.

I'll spend the money when this team earns it.(also no one tells me to sit down in my own house)(seriously who tells someone to sit down during a game)

#142 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,358 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I used to go to many games and since I'm from out of town I'm not being poor, I invested in a bigger TV to watch the games on.

Much better than the travel, ticket, and food costs just to watch a giant deuce get dropped on the field.

I'll spend the money when this team earns it.(also no one tells me to sit down in my own house)(seriously who tells someone to sit down during a game)

Are you kidding me? You're telling me they sit during the game in Charlotte?

#143 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,255 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

(seriously who tells someone to sit down during a game)

If anybody ever tells me to sit down in my section I call them an asshole, poop in my hand and throw it at them, then tell them to "fug off loser".

#144 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Are you kidding me? You're telling me they sit during the game in Charlotte?

Nope. For realz.

#145 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

If anybody ever tells me to sit down in my section I call them an asshole, poop in my hand and throw it at them, then tell them to "fug off loser".

No you don't.

#146 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Well we didn't sit down of course, it is just embarrassing as fug for the franchise to have people like that at the games....

#147 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,255 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

No you don't.

Ok, you're right. But I think about doing it damnit.

#148 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

masochistic? I dont think we are being deprived sexually.

By looking at current post counts, I'd have to agree.

#149 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

why is everyone up in arms over this one particular instance of the state giving away money? how do you think large organization, car manufacturers, for instance, get their land and building? the state practically gives away massive chunks of land and helps finance production facilities for the prospect of kia motors employing a few hundred people. here, the state and in turn the people is being asked to help. if you don't want to, that's fine. supply and demand. but don't act like this is anything new.

#150 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just raise the price on tickets an avg of $35 per seat and this will be paid off in 5 years.

(($35 x 70,000 seats) x 10 Home Games )x 5 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com