Photo
- - - - -

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#166 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Only if you think the local economy should benefit from the stadium without any investment at all.

Perhaps the Panthers should go around and collect money from all of the places since they benefited from them being here. Let me ask you...how much money do you think goes into restaurants on a home playoff game, what about hotels, what about other businesses?

If the majority of the people live here I would say a helluva lot less than you think. But lets tax them anyways.

#167 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

That ass-hole Shinn did.

Also with a nice stadium it will make it harder for the future owner to move the team.

No it wont

If this team is sold to someone hell bent on moving it they will and it will pretty damned easy too.

#168 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,431 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Taxpayer money going to public transport = MOVE TO EUROPE IF YOU WANT TO TAKE THE TRAIN YOU COMMUNIST HIPPY!!!! YOU AIN'T TAKIN' MY MONEY!!!!

Taxpayer money goes to a profitable corporation = Hooray America

#169 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

The only thing that surprises me is the fact that they are limiting it to Meck County. With the name Carolina in the teams name, you would think they would try to get money from both NC & SC.

#170 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Perhaps the Panthers should go around and collect money from all of the places since they benefited from them being here. Let me ask you...how much money do you think goes into restaurants on a home playoff game, what about hotels, what about other businesses?

If the majority of the people live here I would say a helluva lot less than you think. But lets tax them anyways.

While you have a point about hotels, home playoff games are huge for restautrants. Many restaurants in the Denver area set sales records Saturday night.

#171 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

No it wont

If this team is sold to someone hell bent on moving it they will and it will pretty damned easy too.

You'd be surprised (Seattle Sonics).

Usually owners don't want to move, but if they aren't making a hefty profit or they aren't happy about their home, they tend to bolt.

Also JR will most likely sell the team to someone with similar views as him.

#172 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

$125M is peanuts for a stadium renovation.

#173 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I welcome a move to LA if it gets us a real owner and we become competitive. Sitting in Charlotte sucking isnt doing much. So many people in this market have "second teams" or root for teams in other markets because of our losing stigma. We're virtually guests in our own house on gamedays. Id rather pull for a winner from afar, we'd still be the Panthers.

Were you a New Orleans Hornets fan before Charlotte got a 2nd NBA team?

#174 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I get remaining a fan after a team moves but rooting for them to move is a first.

#175 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,140 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Taxpayer money going to public transport = MOVE TO EUROPE IF YOU WANT TO TAKE THE TRAIN YOU COMMUNIST HIPPY!!!! YOU AIN'T TAKIN' MY MONEY!!!!

Taxpayer money goes to a profitable corporation = Hooray America

Good lord........

#176 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

You'd be surprised (Seattle Sonics).

Usually owners don't want to move, but if they aren't making a hefty profit or they aren't happy about their home, they tend to bolt.

Also JR will most likely sell the team to someone with similar views as him.

So as a taxpayer I need to not only ensure a private company makes a profit but also make sure they are happy

#177 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Well the stadium actually costs more to taxpayers than it does help the local economy...

#178 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,242 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I get remaining a fan after a team moves but rooting for them to move is a first.

the only people that want them to move to LA live on the west coast

#179 Frosty06306

Frosty06306

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Lol at anyone complaining about this.

#180 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

As an example:

A study the same year conducted by the University of Minnesota showed an economic impact of about $9.1 million per Vikings game, based on calculations that 25,000 people from outside the metro area attended each game and spent an average of $230. That money then rippled through the local economy.

http://articles.balt...s-and-amusement

Another states:

The most recent swipe at how much Browns games pump into the local economy was in late 2007 by Positively Cleveland, the region's tourism promoter.
The estimate: $63 million.

http://www.cleveland...c_impact_c.html

Those two articles also discuss how non-organizational jobs are affected by the teams being in town, as well...

Of course, as with anything, there are detractors that claim there are no economic benefits to having a sports team hosted within your city...

However, if accurate and the team generates an average of (let's say for number's sake) $7 million in local revenue from outside sources (more modest than what they claim the Vikings earn per home game), at a rate of 8 home games per year, for 17 years (we'll leave out Bowl games, playoffs, preseason and any non-football related revenue such as the DNC)...

7 million x 8 games = $56 x 17 years = $952 million in total return on the initial $60 million investment...

A profit of nearly $900 million... Conservatively...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.