Photo
- - - - -

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#196 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,848 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Because the city is gonna be responsible with the money anyhow, right? I mean, they have such a good track record.

So you're telling me that the city is inefficient, yet you want me to give them another revenue source? Makes sense.

#197 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Pay the money...3-4 more cent isn't going to put any of us in the poor house.

#198 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

"Hey we are going to raise taxes just slightly so a privately owned sports franchise can make some upgrades.

"That seems like a great idea. If you aren't with us then you must not be a fan"

"Hey we are going to raise taxes just slightly so we can provide affordable healthcare to our citizens

You commie pinko bastard....rabble rabble rabble.

#199 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,301 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

City of Charlotte? So, all other North and South Carolinians are off the hook?

Sweet!

#200 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Money from the public is money from the public. I don't think I'll ever see that $600 back in inflated wages from anything even tertiarily related to the panthers.

Then your issue isn't with Carolina then. If your money isn't going to them, it is going towards something else.

My question to you is, how much money do you think of yours is actually going to be going to the team? Because from the sounds of it, you are acting like half of ones bank account is going to. There are 9,222,414 people living in North Carolina when it was counted in 2008. Trust me, you'll be fine.

#201 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

lol, have you seen the way schools mismanage money? Schools in Guilford County(Greensboro) were granted a 15 million dollar federal grant.....so they can buy Ipads for the students. I can't wait until all those Ipads are sold and damaged.

If wins = education then JR would be Gaston County

#202 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

^THIS replying to jtsgreensboro^...The US spends more per capita on kids/public education then any country in the modern world, yet after throwing money at public education for YEARS, what do we have to show for it.....half the kids in high school can't hardly read, write or hold an intelligent conversation. In survey after survey countires like South Korea and Germany kick azz in math and reading ability compared to the US. (Sorry for the rant)

#203 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

It's daylight robbery.

#204 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

"Hey we are going to raise taxes just slightly so a privately owned sports franchise can make some upgrades.

"That seems like a great idea. If you aren't with us then you must not be a fan"

"Hey we are going to raise taxes just slightly so we can provide affordable healthcare to our citizens

You commie pinko bastard....rabble rabble rabble.

I never even said that but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

If you are against them raising taxes for the team, that is absolutely fine - it is your prerogative But to bitch and moan constantly about it and to act like JR is the devil revived is ridiculous.

#205 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I never even said that but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

If you are against them raising taxes for the team, that is absolutely fine - it is your prerogative But to bitch and moan constantly about it and to act like JR is the devil revived is ridiculous.

Did I quote you?

#206 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Many on here are worried about the cost, $125m. I get it. However, improving the experience at the stadium will decrease no shows and fill empty seats. That benefits the local economy. When tax revenues increase due to local businesses selling more rooms and meals (not generated by the empty seats that have become common), then schools benefit too. Yes, we need to win, but I think there is a movement to start winning. In the grand scheme of things, we are talking about billions, not millions. Ticket holders have already made the sacrifice. It is time for the people making a killing by pitching their tents near the main attraction to give back.

Just my opinion, but this is about business and politics, not football. Everybody (the county and downtown businesses) have experienced an increase in income for a decade and a half due to the stadium. It is time to share the expense. However, taxpayers will not like it. They refuse to see that they are benefitting from the taxes increased income resulting from the stadium has generated. That money is used for things like hiring extra teachers and paving roads.

#207 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Like I said I am from out of town and I don't have an issue with the money they want....

I just won't be contributing a single dollar to the cause until I can say our team name without using an expletive as a prefix.

#208 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ummm this will not come from the people's pockets but the revenue from the Hotel Tax ... Basically will be paid for by anyone who visits charlotte.. So hell the opponents fans are the ones really paying ;)

#209 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,746 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

How will the surrounding businesses benefit from paying this $125m? Will escalators bring more people into Picassos?

There is absolutely no benefit tied to giving him $125M.....guarantee me a super bowl and I would consider it.

#210 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Any out of towners poopooing those who aren't crazy about paying... Will you pay my family's share of $600? I just got raped by my property taxes and don't have any money left. TIA.

Well it won't affect you then since it's going to be paid for by an extra 1% on expenditures at restaurant/bars...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com