Photo
- - - - -

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
283 replies to this topic

#205 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I never even said that but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.

If you are against them raising taxes for the team, that is absolutely fine - it is your prerogative But to bitch and moan constantly about it and to act like JR is the devil revived is ridiculous.

Did I quote you?

#206 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Many on here are worried about the cost, $125m. I get it. However, improving the experience at the stadium will decrease no shows and fill empty seats. That benefits the local economy. When tax revenues increase due to local businesses selling more rooms and meals (not generated by the empty seats that have become common), then schools benefit too. Yes, we need to win, but I think there is a movement to start winning. In the grand scheme of things, we are talking about billions, not millions. Ticket holders have already made the sacrifice. It is time for the people making a killing by pitching their tents near the main attraction to give back.

Just my opinion, but this is about business and politics, not football. Everybody (the county and downtown businesses) have experienced an increase in income for a decade and a half due to the stadium. It is time to share the expense. However, taxpayers will not like it. They refuse to see that they are benefitting from the taxes increased income resulting from the stadium has generated. That money is used for things like hiring extra teachers and paving roads.

#207 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Like I said I am from out of town and I don't have an issue with the money they want....

I just won't be contributing a single dollar to the cause until I can say our team name without using an expletive as a prefix.

#208 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ummm this will not come from the people's pockets but the revenue from the Hotel Tax ... Basically will be paid for by anyone who visits charlotte.. So hell the opponents fans are the ones really paying ;)

#209 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

How will the surrounding businesses benefit from paying this $125m? Will escalators bring more people into Picassos?

There is absolutely no benefit tied to giving him $125M.....guarantee me a super bowl and I would consider it.

#210 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Any out of towners poopooing those who aren't crazy about paying... Will you pay my family's share of $600? I just got raped by my property taxes and don't have any money left. TIA.

Well it won't affect you then since it's going to be paid for by an extra 1% on expenditures at restaurant/bars...

#211 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Ummm this will not come from the people's pockets but the revenue from the Hotel Tax ... Basically will be paid for by anyone who visits charlotte.. So hell the opponents fans are the ones really paying ;)

Actually its a food and bev tax. So it effects everyone in Charlotte.

#212 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I hope none of you ever have to perform cost justifications or ROI's at your office

#213 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

One thing that I do remember is, these innovations will help charlotte in the long run to be able to host a Super Bowl. Imagine how much money that will bring to charlotte. Of course, some other things have to happen but it is every pro football city's dream is to host a Super Bowl and cash in...just my 2 cent

#214 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Actually its a food and bev tax. So it effects everyone in Charlotte.

It's on prepared food and beverages...so if you don't eat out, it doesn't affect you.

#215 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Panthro has just gone on an JR is the debil rampage recently, really came out of nowhere.

#216 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I doubt Charlotte will ever host a Super Bowl. It would take more than renovations. It would take one of those Billion dollar stadiums. Zod is trying to draw a connection between team performance and funding. I just don't see it that way. We pay to watch NFL football, we aren't even obligated to cheer for the Panthers (many of us don't). There are plenty of franchises with a long history of losing but they fork over the cash because if they don't, some other city will.