Photo
- - - - -

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#46 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

If the Panthers are going to leave because they can't have escalators for fat fans to ride and even bigger screens (even though everyone can see the current screens just fine) then what does that say about the Panthers?

How about win some games, sell some merchandise, pay for these LUXURIES yourself?

Or maybe we can start weighing the fans at the gate. If you are morbidly obese you pay 20 bucks to the escalator fund.

What about older fans?? My father has issues with his hip and knees and often bitches his way up those long winding ramps. Probably easier for someone who just walks down to the field with his camera.

#47 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Jerry Richardson doesn't appear to be a welfare queen

In good with that

*hands him a blank check*

#48 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

What about older fans?? My father has issues with his hip and knees and often bitches his way up those long winding ramps. Probably easier for someone who just walks down to the field with his camera.

Maybe he should watch from home. Being serious

#49 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,222 posts

If the Panthers are going to leave because they can't have escalators for fat fans to ride and even bigger screens (even though everyone can see the current screens just fine) then what does that say about the Panthers?

How about win some games, sell some merchandise, pay for these LUXURIES yourself?

Or maybe we can start weighing the fans at the gate. If you are morbidly obese you pay 20 bucks to the escalator fund.

I love this idea....

#50 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

There is already a huge elevator that is easy to get on . I did it after I had hernia surgery.

#51 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,222 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Offer hoverround rentals on gamedays!

#52 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

ok so $125 million, that cant be just for a video board and escalators. Anyone have an Idea what else they have in mind?

#53 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 620 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I traveled to two Panters games in Sept (NO and NYG) from Germany. Flight with US Airways to Charlotte Airport, seven nights in a Charlotte Hotel, 7 times lunch, 7 times dinner, 7 days rental car, 2 gas fillings, 2 trips to the malls, 2 tickets for the game, 2 times gameday parking, spendings at the team store and several minor spendings. Generated a lot of taxes, all just because there are the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte. Would not have made the trip without the Panthers. Supported store-, business-, restaurant-, rental car-, gas station-, parking-, airport-, hotel- and Carolina Panthers-employees with my trip. Nuff said?

#54 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,560 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

http://en.wikipedia....rporate_welfare

#55 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

ok so $125 million, that cant be just for a video board and escalators. Anyone have an Idea what else they have in mind?

They are going to have high def banners that wrap around the entire stadium and putting in wi-fi are two things I know of off the top of my head.

#56 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,093 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

guys, look at this for what it really is. Do you think that tax disappears when the renovations are fully paid for? LOL of course not. After the Stadium renovations are paid for, which prolly wont be more than a couple of years imo, the tax money will then goto the city for schools, roads etc. I dont mind it one bit.

Or streetcars that serve no real purpose than people saying, "look honey! A trolley!"

#57 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Or streetcars that serve no real purpose than people saying, "look honey! A trolley!"

Infrastructure

#58 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,421 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Make it $250 mill and I am in.

#59 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Wow the people who bring up schools and teacher pay raises in arguments against pro sports have no clue about running a business or simple economics. you bring in millions in revenue= you get paid millions.

#60 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Just about every city pays for sports stadiums/ball parks/arenas/etc. Panthers stadium is one of the few that the city only contributed $60 million towards the stadium and JR raised the rest himself (mainly through PSLs).

People that think this is a bad deal just don't get it. Look what happened when Charlotte refused to build the Hornets a new stadium; how about Bruton Smith? There are a gazillion cities that would do anything to get a pro team and what JR is asking for us very, very reasonable.

Whine all you want but if you don't like it good luck finding a team that doesn't ask the city for $.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com