Photo
- - - - -

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#61 LawCat

LawCat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

The elevators are there for a reason. We don't need escalators. I can't believe this is gonna happen. What a waste.

#62 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

This franchise causes some of you so much stress and unhappiness its a wonder you stick with them. Its truly masochistic.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and find a way to spend your time that actually makes you happy.

And Id support a state wide tax to give JR the 125M and more.

#63 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Seems reasonable to me. Cam's probably made the city that much money in the last year

#64 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

This franchise causes some of you so much stress and unhappiness its a wonder you stick with them. Its truly masochistic.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and find a way to spend your time that actually makes you happy.

And Id support a state wide tax to give JR the 125M and more.

masochistic? I dont think we are being deprived sexually.

#65 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,812 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

As one who has done countless studies the econ impact is not quite what you may think. If there was no stadium those monis would be spent elsewhere.
Do biz's benefit from a stadium? Sure. The boon is more chamber of commerceish than bottom line.
If we can see proof that after the upgrades are done those taxes raised will go towards schools and city related things I'm down with that.
I can do without the wrap around banner thing. Wi fi is ok I guess for fantasy football.

I will check with my buddy from Dallas who does wi fi for stadiums worldwide to see what the true cost is.

I think its the idea JR is poor mouthing some when we all know he can afford this out of pocket as an LLC. Who gets to write of the depreciation of the stadium? Panthers or Charlotte? See?

#66 osd22

osd22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I traveled to two Panters games in Sept (NO and NYG) from Germany. Flight with US Airways to Charlotte Airport, seven nights in a Charlotte Hotel, 7 times lunch, 7 times dinner, 7 days rental car, 2 gas fillings, 2 trips to the malls, 2 tickets for the game, 2 times gameday parking, spendings at the team store and several minor spendings. Generated a lot of taxes, all just because there are the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte. Would not have made the trip without the Panthers. Supported store-, business-, restaurant-, rental car-, gas station-, parking-, airport-, hotel- and Carolina Panthers-employees with my trip. Nuff said?

BTW: Planning the same for 2013 and the following years to come. The Panthers generate so much tourism, at least for 8 weekends a year (10 with the preseason). IMO the M125 shoud be a no brainer.

#67 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

masochistic? I dont think we are being deprived sexually.

mas·och·ism (mPosted ImagesPosted ImagePosted Image-kPosted ImagezPosted ImagePosted Imagem)
n.
1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.

the more you know...

#68 djp14

djp14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Panthers aren't going anywhere. The city will give JR everything he wants. For better or worse.

#69 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Remember during the lockout the geniuses that sided with the owners who kept saying "well they're the ones that put up the capital!"

Yeah, go jump in a lake.

#70 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Call them the Charlotte Panthers and it's a done deal.

125 million = 1 mile of light rail construction

Why do we the residents of Mecklenburg. County get to pay for it when our name is the Carolina Panthers?

I'm not saying I'm for it or against it..but if our name encompasses 2 entire states..why does one county get stuck paying for it?

#71 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

You guys really care about a tax that could be like $.01 on some purchase item like food or whatever ...

Plenty of other cities paid for new stadiums.

#72 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,717 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Infrastructure

window dressing

#73 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,151 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Why do we the residents of Mecklenburg. County get to pay for it when our name is the Carolina Panthers?

I'm not saying I'm for it or against it..but if our name encompasses 2 entire states..why does one county get stuck paying for it?

Again, although it is the city of Charlotte paying the bill, it will probably come out of a hotel tax so that people from outside of Charlotte are actually providing the revenue. And although they are called the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte gets the economic benefits of having the team in their town.

#74 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

anyone know the total planned cost for the renovations, $125 million is only part, not all.

#75 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Again, although it is the city of Charlotte paying the bill, it will probably come out of a hotel tax so that people from outside of Charlotte are actually providing the revenue. And although they are called the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte gets the economic benefits of having the team in their town.

ok..that makes sense...I'm genuinely wondering..I'm not trying to start a debate or a fight...

oh...and will beers be $12 now instead of $10?? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.