Photo
- - - - -

Panthers want 125 Million in taxpayer money.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#41 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Or we could give 125 local schools a million dollars each to improve their facilities and pay raises for teachers.

Nah.

As a teacher, and as awesome as this sounds, other professions benefit from having the Panthers much more than a one time upgrade to schools and raises.

But teacher pay is a fundamental problem that almost everyone acknowledges but no one cares enough.

#42 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Or we could give 125 local schools a million dollars each to improve their facilities and pay raises for teachers.

Nah.

And lose the thousands of jobs and hundreds of businesses that are largely dependent on the sports franchises? The overwhelming majority of the State tax revenue already goes to education.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

If the Panthers are going to leave because they can't have escalators for fat fans to ride and even bigger screens (even though everyone can see the current screens just fine) then what does that say about the Panthers?

How about win some games, sell some merchandise, pay for these LUXURIES yourself?

Or maybe we can start weighing the fans at the gate. If you are morbidly obese you pay 20 bucks to the escalator fund.
  • C47 PIE'd this

#44 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

guys, look at this for what it really is. Do you think that tax disappears when the renovations are fully paid for? LOL of course not. After the Stadium renovations are paid for, which prolly wont be more than a couple of years imo, the tax money will then goto the city for schools, roads etc. I dont mind it one bit.

#45 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

guys, look at this for what it really is. Do you think that tax disappears when the renovations are fully paid for? LOL of course not. After the Stadium renovations are paid for, which prolly wont be more than a couple of years imo, the tax money will then goto the city for schools, roads etc. I dont mind it one bit.

Good point.

Ok, lets do it.

:)

#46 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

If the Panthers are going to leave because they can't have escalators for fat fans to ride and even bigger screens (even though everyone can see the current screens just fine) then what does that say about the Panthers?

How about win some games, sell some merchandise, pay for these LUXURIES yourself?

Or maybe we can start weighing the fans at the gate. If you are morbidly obese you pay 20 bucks to the escalator fund.

What about older fans?? My father has issues with his hip and knees and often bitches his way up those long winding ramps. Probably easier for someone who just walks down to the field with his camera.

#47 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Jerry Richardson doesn't appear to be a welfare queen

In good with that

*hands him a blank check*

#48 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

What about older fans?? My father has issues with his hip and knees and often bitches his way up those long winding ramps. Probably easier for someone who just walks down to the field with his camera.

Maybe he should watch from home. Being serious

#49 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

I love this idea....

#50 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

There is already a huge elevator that is easy to get on . I did it after I had hernia surgery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users