#1 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Thought this was pretty cool. Talks about being from Louisiana, Hardy, Charles, and team unity.

http://www.panthers....86-9541033ab486

#2 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Nice article. He had a good year getting pressure a good number of times even if he only ended with 2.5 sacks for the season. DE looks pretty set for next season. Hurney's last draft actually looks pretty good, but I think it also speaks to the bigger problem with the guy: he was great at getting pieces, but lacked an overall vision for those pieces. Hopefully, Gettleman has a master plan for what we have.

#3 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Nice article. He had a good year getting pressure a good number of times even if he only ended with 2.5 sacks for the season. DE looks pretty set for next season. Hurney's last draft actually looks pretty good, but I think it also speaks to the bigger problem with the guy: he was great at getting pieces, but lacked an overall vision for those pieces. Hopefully, Gettleman has a master plan for what we have.

yea i really like the part when he talked about the clubhouse. This is one of the main ingrediants for a winning culture.

#4 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

yea i really like the part when he talked about the clubhouse. This is one of the main ingrediants for a winning culture.

Yeah, talent in the NFL is pretty close across the board. You need to have guys that want to work, and you need to have a culture that makes them want to be there. It sounds like we may have that, which is pretty nice.

#5 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

I wonder how much input Rivera had with these last 2 drafts. I figure with the 2011 draft not so much due to the lockout but in 2012 he might have had a little more input. It would be interesting to know.

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

yea. i really like what we have with Alexander. I think hes end up being a pretty awesome rotational guy. I like that he has Hardy and Johnson to mentor him. And they seem very open to that.

#7 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

A lot of quality DE's worked for New York. We just need to make sure we stay solid at DT. I don't know what the Edwards brothers have left long term (plus they are both possible cap casualties.)

#8 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

A lot of quality DE's worked for New York. We just need to make sure we stay solid at DT. I don't know what the Edwards brothers have left long term (plus they are both possible cap casualties.)

Ron is definitely a cap casualty. Injury prone and old. Dwan we got for cheap and has a bit more in the tank methinks.

Thats a nice read for the article though. It's good to here the defense is accepting of new talent and that everyone works well together. Hopefully we end up with a good problem, having 3 extremely talented DEs and having to pick the best of the two.

#9 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Umm. Obviously not.

#10 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Umm. Obviously not.

why i said "main." you've obviously never been a part of a championship team on any level. but its cool man.

#11 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

why i said "main." you've obviously never been a part of a championship team on any level. but its cool man.

Pictures of your rings, please.
There are plenty of teams with good chemistry that suck and vice versa. The Patriots aren't all warm and fuzzy.
"Team chemistry" and "competitive fire" make the fans feel pumped, but they don't mean dick.

#12 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Pictures of your rings, please.
There are plenty of teams with good chemistry that suck and vice versa. The Patriots aren't all warm and fuzzy.
"Team chemistry" and "competitive fire" make the fans feel pumped, but they don't mean dick.

...go watch the movie benchwarmers i bet you can relate to that. You have no idea what you are talking about.

#13 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

...go watch the movie benchwarmers i bet you can relate to that. You have no idea what you are talking about.

My coach pitch little league team won city championship, and for the record, I was a starter. Boom. There goes your theory.

#14 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 7,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Haha. I guess if you wanna call my joke a "theory"...but back to the topic at hand. I think Alexander could be something special with the tutiledge of hardy and johnson alo g witg the physical tools he possesses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.