• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

http://www.thedailys...ol?xrs=share_fb

Common sense isn't so common, unfortunately.

#2 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

time for him to pony up and do an actual news/debate show. cant hide behind the satire your whole career when its obvious we turn to him for a dose. imagine if he actually debated his guests, long over due imo. he always has a good angle and makes a solid, objective point.

#3 pantherfan82

pantherfan82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationNORTH CAROLINA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Yep he's a smart guy. It would be nice to see a real debate.

#4 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

"We are a nation of overreactors", well said Jon

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,792 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

he said what i said immediately about having a similar gameplan to what they did to slow down drunk driving deaths.

i tell ya. i just need to run for office.

#6 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

http://www.thedailys...ol?xrs=share_fb

Common sense isn't so common, unfortunately.

My theory is that what Americans call "common sense" is actually "wisdom" which is not a common attribute.

#7 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

dystopic history = dystopic future.

"Those who cannot remember the
past are condemned to repeat it"

#8 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

and what past are we in the process of repeating?

#9 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

dystopic history = dystopic future.

"Those who cannot remember the
past are condemned to repeat it"

So, you're saying we should outlaw religion, because dystopic history = Inquisition/Salem Witch Trials/Nazism (to a lesser extent on Nazism).

American history says we've always been able to own guns...we still have that right. But we don't have a "well regulated militia". And even if we did, the government has the military. No amount of fire power in your gun case is going to protect from tanks and explosive ordinances.

I am all for the right to own guns, but I agree that regulating what types and how powerful those weapons are is the right move and I think it's the reasonable position.

#10 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

imo, the main thing that would protect the people from true tyranny of the executive branch is the fact that I think many soldiers (and generals) would outright defect. not all, but I think many would... at least right now.

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

With a D president they would. They shut up and followed orders when Bush was war criming it up.

#12 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

So, you're saying we should outlaw religion, because dystopic history = Inquisition/Salem Witch Trials/Nazism (to a lesser extent on Nazism).

American history says we've always been able to own guns...we still have that right. But we don't have a "well regulated militia". And even if we did, the government has the military. No amount of fire power in your gun case is going to protect from tanks and explosive ordinances.

I am all for the right to own guns, but I agree that regulating what types and how powerful those weapons are is the right move and I think it's the reasonable position.

We the population are the militia, as I've said, we are the largest standing army in the world, by far.

The 2a does not dictate the firearms I may own, just that I may posses them. The colonist were better armed than the british, wish you could change that?

#13 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

311 long gun crimes in 2011, how many of those were even semi auto rifles? F#ck the facts... Fear runs rampant in your mind.

#14 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

#15 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

We the population are the militia, as I've said, we are the largest standing army in the world, by far.

The 2a does not dictate the firearms I may own, just that I may posses them. The colonist were better armed than the british, wish you could change that?

They made that before they even IMAGINED high-caliber, automatic weapons. It also doesn't dictate that the government cannot enforce regulations on WHAT you can own. It is constitutional to regulate. Sorry, that's the fact of the matter, and it's correct.

Also, it doesn't say the people are the militia. A militia can form, but it can and will be regulated. In other words, they'll tell you how powerful you will get...and that includes your weapons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.