• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

With a D president they would. They shut up and followed orders when Bush was war criming it up.

#12 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

So, you're saying we should outlaw religion, because dystopic history = Inquisition/Salem Witch Trials/Nazism (to a lesser extent on Nazism).

American history says we've always been able to own guns...we still have that right. But we don't have a "well regulated militia". And even if we did, the government has the military. No amount of fire power in your gun case is going to protect from tanks and explosive ordinances.

I am all for the right to own guns, but I agree that regulating what types and how powerful those weapons are is the right move and I think it's the reasonable position.

We the population are the militia, as I've said, we are the largest standing army in the world, by far.

The 2a does not dictate the firearms I may own, just that I may posses them. The colonist were better armed than the british, wish you could change that?

#13 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

311 long gun crimes in 2011, how many of those were even semi auto rifles? F#ck the facts... Fear runs rampant in your mind.

#14 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

#15 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

We the population are the militia, as I've said, we are the largest standing army in the world, by far.

The 2a does not dictate the firearms I may own, just that I may posses them. The colonist were better armed than the british, wish you could change that?

They made that before they even IMAGINED high-caliber, automatic weapons. It also doesn't dictate that the government cannot enforce regulations on WHAT you can own. It is constitutional to regulate. Sorry, that's the fact of the matter, and it's correct.

Also, it doesn't say the people are the militia. A militia can form, but it can and will be regulated. In other words, they'll tell you how powerful you will get...and that includes your weapons.

#16 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

They had better rifles than the british... I think the founders would allow us semi automatic rifles against drones and a1 abrahams...

The second was not written for hunting or sporting, its there to stop a tyrannical gov. It has happend in the past and I will not rule against it happening sometime in our or our grandchildrens lives.

#17 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

They had better rifles than the british... I think the founders would allow us semi automatic rifles against drones and a1 abrahams...

The second was not written for hunting or sporting, its there to stop a tyrannical gov. It has happend in the past and I will not rule against it happening sometime in our or our grandchildrens lives.

A tyrannical government > any amount of civilians with weapons. That argument is weak. Again, we should be allowed to maintain our right to bear arms, but I see NO problem with the government doing it's job and regulating guns in order to MAYBE fix this issue of gun-related deaths among the civilian population.

#18 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Tell the millions of dead jews, chinese and russians that.

I, a law abiding citizen shall keep the firearms I own legally now. I understand you can't, or wont realize the Gv can turn against us at some point, that is your foolish opinion don't push that on me..

.001 of guns commit the crimes, the 20,000 gun laws aren't stopping the criminals now, what makes you think 50 more will change things?

#19 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Tell the millions of dead jews, chinese and russians that.

I, a law abiding citizen shall keep the firearms I own legally now. I understand you can't, or wont realize the Gv can turn against us at some point, that is your foolish opinion don't push that on me..

.001 of guns commit the crimes, the 20,000 gun laws aren't stopping the criminals now, what makes you think 50 more will change things?

I agree, you can and should have your firearms. I know the government CAN turn against us, but that is just a POSSIBILITY. The REALITY of it (as Jon Stewart pointed out pretty effectively) is that RIGHT NOW we have ACTUAL issues involving guns that need to be addressed to help a REAL problem. Doing nothing is accepting that Sandy Hook and Aurora, Colorado are just gonna happen, so be it. No, we need to try SOMETHING. There is no magical fix to completely solve this issue, never will be, but we NEED to try something here. Don't agree? Try telling that to a mother of a Sandy Hook victim.

#20 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Not sure how I repped you. Anyways,", the right of the
people to keep and bear Arms, shall not
be infringed."

I will keep my ar and other semi autos, the second does not limit my magazine size nor firearm.

We cannot stop crazy people from doing unthinkable things and you will not stop law abiding citizenship from owning semi autos. 90% of gun crime is commited with handguns, yet you wish to take the most popular (ar-15) semi auto rifle from law abiding citizens. I have never commited a crime and have one speeding and one seatbelt ticket from years ago, yet you wish to take my and countless others rifles or magazines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users