27 replies to this topic

#16 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

They had better rifles than the british... I think the founders would allow us semi automatic rifles against drones and a1 abrahams...

The second was not written for hunting or sporting, its there to stop a tyrannical gov. It has happend in the past and I will not rule against it happening sometime in our or our grandchildrens lives.

#17 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

They had better rifles than the british... I think the founders would allow us semi automatic rifles against drones and a1 abrahams...

The second was not written for hunting or sporting, its there to stop a tyrannical gov. It has happend in the past and I will not rule against it happening sometime in our or our grandchildrens lives.

A tyrannical government > any amount of civilians with weapons. That argument is weak. Again, we should be allowed to maintain our right to bear arms, but I see NO problem with the government doing it's job and regulating guns in order to MAYBE fix this issue of gun-related deaths among the civilian population.

#18 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Tell the millions of dead jews, chinese and russians that.

I, a law abiding citizen shall keep the firearms I own legally now. I understand you can't, or wont realize the Gv can turn against us at some point, that is your foolish opinion don't push that on me..

.001 of guns commit the crimes, the 20,000 gun laws aren't stopping the criminals now, what makes you think 50 more will change things?

#19 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I, a law abiding citizen shall keep the firearms I own legally now. I understand you can't, or wont realize the Gv can turn against us at some point, that is your foolish opinion don't push that on me..

.001 of guns commit the crimes, the 20,000 gun laws aren't stopping the criminals now, what makes you think 50 more will change things?

I agree, you can and should have your firearms. I know the government CAN turn against us, but that is just a POSSIBILITY. The REALITY of it (as Jon Stewart pointed out pretty effectively) is that RIGHT NOW we have ACTUAL issues involving guns that need to be addressed to help a REAL problem. Doing nothing is accepting that Sandy Hook and Aurora, Colorado are just gonna happen, so be it. No, we need to try SOMETHING. There is no magical fix to completely solve this issue, never will be, but we NEED to try something here. Don't agree? Try telling that to a mother of a Sandy Hook victim.

#20 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

Not sure how I repped you. Anyways,", the right of the
people to keep and bear Arms, shall not
be infringed."

I will keep my ar and other semi autos, the second does not limit my magazine size nor firearm.

We cannot stop crazy people from doing unthinkable things and you will not stop law abiding citizenship from owning semi autos. 90% of gun crime is commited with handguns, yet you wish to take the most popular (ar-15) semi auto rifle from law abiding citizens. I have never commited a crime and have one speeding and one seatbelt ticket from years ago, yet you wish to take my and countless others rifles or magazines.

#21 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

be infringed."

I will keep my ar and other semi autos, the second does not limit my magazine size nor firearm.

We cannot stop crazy people from doing unthinkable things and you will not stop law abiding citizenship from owning semi autos. 90% of gun crime is commited with handguns, yet you wish to take the most popular (ar-15) semi auto rifle from law abiding citizens. I have never commited a crime and have one speeding and one seatbelt ticket from years ago, yet you wish to take my and countless others rifles or magazines.

Nobody is taking the guns. However, there is nothing in the 2nd amendment that says the government cannot regulate. If the government says you can't own semi-autos, then you can't. If the government limits magazine sizes to ten rounds...you get ten round magazines. The government can regulate firearms. That's just something you have to get over.

#22 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

I disagree, O wants an AWB, the long and short of that is...... he does indeed want my firearms.

They started wanting to restrict us to 10 round magazines, now look at NY, they passed only 7 rounds...

Guess what is next, 5, 3 then only bolt action?

No thanks....

#23 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Nobody is taking the guns. However, there is nothing in the 2nd amendment that says the government cannot regulate. If the government says you can't own semi-autos, then you can't. If the government limits magazine sizes to ten rounds...you get ten round magazines. The government can regulate firearms. That's just something you have to get over.

habeas corpus

#24 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Lets just conveniently leave out the well regulated portion of the second amendment.

#25 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Lets just conveniently leave out the well regulated portion of the second amendment.

Why not? We leave out the shall not be infringed part already.

This amendment is a clusterfug.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Well regulated means (roughly) disciplined and prepared. So this militia is necessary to the security of a free state but nothing more about this militia is ever described. So the militia may or may not exist despite being a necessity. The militia could be one person or a million people. This is not further expounded on at any point within the constitution.

However because it is a necessity the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. This statement stands on it's own whether the militia actually exists or not. Necessity does not actually imply existence. Additionally this right belongs to the people and not exclusively to the militia. These must be two different objects given the existence of both terms within the amendment.

Infringement means: The encroachment, breach, or violation of a right, law, regulation, or contract. source: West's Encyclopedia of American Law, edition
By this definition all laws restricting an American citizen's ability to keep or bear any weapon are unconstitutional. It has no bearing on the ease of obtaining these weapons though. So considering the meaning of the text as written there should be no mandatory registration and communities cannot outlaw handguns (or bazookas or grenades or...) as this would infringe on the right of the people to either keep or bear arms.

It seems clear to me this amendment is one of the most outdated parts (and personally I think it is poorly written) of the constitution and in my view it should be updated to reflect the requirements of modern times.

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

those examples are an excellent argument for doing anything we can to stop revolution.

#27 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

be infringed."

There is a very high likelihood any AWB would be on the future production and sale of the weapons, not confiscation of those currently owned.

#28 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

be infringed."

There is a very high likelihood any AWB would be on the future production and sale of the weapons, not confiscation of those currently owned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.