34 replies to this topic

#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,309 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

This is a 10 win team as it stands now with a potentially explosive offense. OC candidates will jump on the chance.

Where in Wilmington do you get your crazy pills ? :)

#17 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Where in Wilmington do you get your crazy pills ? :)

Call NC Biscuit

#18 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

this personnel got chuda HC job, one would be a fool not to take advantage of the potential

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I assume that whoever the OC is it will be blessed by Gettleman as a possible long term staff. And they will sign a multi-year deal anyway.

#20 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,992 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

It is funny how much hate is on here for Rivera.

If a few plays had broken our way....
1. if Cam had not fumbled at the end of the Atlanta game
2. If Smitty had not slipped resulting in a pick 6 in the Chicago game
3. if Cam had not short armed the pass against Seattle

This team would have been a 10 win team and in the playoffs....and no one would be calling for RR to have been fired.

This team is very close....and any coach can see that.

#21 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hue Jackson
Norv Turner
Dave Toub
Ken Wisenhunt

All would be fools to come here because Rivera is already on the hot seat. There a lot of pressure to perform as a player/coach in the NFL already.
Why come to a place that is expecting a lot right out the gate and if you fall short- there is a good possibility you will be looking for work again next year?

I'm now in the mindset that we might as well just get rid of Rivera and let Getty put together a coaching staff from the ground up. No?

I'm probably over-reacting, but I totally understand why Toub would go to the Chiefs.

Can you explain why an experienced NFL coach who already has a favorable rep league-wide (some being former head coaches) would bother interviewing if they didn't want the job?

#22 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,416 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I think Rivera is less on the hot seat as most think on here. I would call it a Luke warm seat going into this year with how the Team turned around after Hurney. Remove Chud from the situation and we had a 9-7 team last year.

#23 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Any OC/Coach would be stupid not to work with Cam... The man creates jobs for them (ex. chud/chizik/malzahn)

#24 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Can you explain why an experienced NFL coach who already has a favorable rep league-wide (some being former head coaches) would bother interviewing if they didn't want the job?

The American job market is so awesome that sometimes it's fun to interview with employers just to tease them

#25 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

It is funny how much hate is on here for Rivera.

If a few plays had broken our way....
1. if Cam had not fumbled at the end of the Atlanta game
2. If Smitty had not slipped resulting in a pick 6 in the Chicago game
3. if Cam had not short armed the pass against Seattle

This team would have been a 10 win team and in the playoffs....and no one would be calling for RR to have been fired.

This team is very close....and any coach can see that.

And if the Olsen fumble had been called correctly our last game of the year, it was likely a 14 point swing. That would have left us at 6-10.

The point is, every close game typically comes down to just a couple of plays. They tend to get glossed over when you win, and magnified when you lose.

We were 7-9, no matter how you want to look at it.

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,992 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

And if the Olsen fumble had been called correctly our last game of the year, it was likely a 14 point swing. That would have left us at 6-10.

The point is, every close game typically comes down to just a couple of plays. They tend to get glossed over when you win, and magnified when you lose.

We were 7-9, no matter how you want to look at it.

I understand your point and agree with you.

My point is that we are very close to a playoff team. We are not a team that had a lot of good luck happen to have our record.

#27 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

You sound like you want Rivera to fail. It would be a great decision to come here if your confident your confident you can help the team win some games. That same pressure to win is everywhere. If your a competitive NFL OC why would you even think like that.

your going to find quite a few on here wishing for RR to fail.....makes no sense.

#28 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

You could definitely understand why Norv and Toub decided to go elsewhere. It's playoffs or bust in Charlotte. No playoffs? you gotta do all this crap over again next year. Cleveland and KC both are going to have new regimes and that alone should buy them at least 2 years. Not to mention the expectations are pretty low for those two franchises.

You gotta think that Whisenhunt would love to coach here. But I don't think RIvera would bring him in. If the Panthers start out 0-3 next year....Rivera is canned and Whisenhunt is new HC. I'm surprised he doesn't have a job yet TBQH.

#29 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Two things:

1) If they come in and do their job, there won't be any concern about security.

And

2) Even if ( say Wisenhunt) comes in and has mild success and the team still fails to make the playoffs, whose to say that Gettleman won't look at Wisenhunt as Rivera's replacement.

#30 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hue Jackson
Norv Turner
Dave Toub
Ken Wisenhunt

Why come to a place that is expecting a lot right out the gate and if you fall short- there is a good possibility you will be looking for work again next year?

That's a very short-sighted way to look at it. All of those mentioned, minus Toub, have had head coaching experience in the NFL. Hell, Toub has interviewed multiple times for a head coaching gig himself. With Rivera on the hot seat, each of those coaches know that they would have a chance to step into that role next year, assuming they perform well.

I'm not saying they would coach to get a head coaching job (like Chud reportedly did) or if they would sabotage to get the chance to be a coach (like some think Garrett did in Dallas), but they know that if the players grow found of them, their offense works out well, Cam and Smitty both seem to like them, and Rivera still has trouble managing a game from a coaching perspective, there would be a chance to step into that role and be the coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.