Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

First Impressions: Dave Gettleman

137 posts in this topic

After watching the press conference he kinda reminded me of Columbo, just a c!nt hair. When he nails down the details he'll be great. Hes got the pedigree, the experience and that chip on his shoulder like he wants to prove something. I like the fact that he can evaluate talent and he's not going to spend money on sentiment....hes got a hell of a job to do and he should have been hired in 2010...im on board...

JR doesn't need to show the Charlotte media the slightest shred of respect. They're abysmal in every aspect of their jobs.

2 people like this

I like him. Here's hoping he can get Gamble, Gross, Beason, Johnson, Williams, Stewart etc to restructure instead of get cut.

To be fair to Jerry. We and the media did pick on him mercilessly after his last press conference.

Did I miss something during the presser ? On NFL.com they said Dave Gettleman laughed about our cap situation. I didn't see what that writer saw.

Some goofball I've never heard of on NFL.com wrote that. He was completely wrong.

I was expecting him to bring some staff with him but maybe he is going through the process.

Me too, but I understand the rationale he explained for not doing so.

Some goofball I've never heard of on NFL.com wrote that. He was completely wrong.

I figured as much I am kinda a tired of the bullshit press that is put out to the national audieunce.

Me too, but I understand the rationale he explained for not doing so.

Pic from the team site article about the press conference (link)

post-202-0-21321700-1358299759_thumb.jpg

Richardson and Morrison look pretty pleased. What do you suppose Rivera's thinking?

Richardson and Morrison look pretty pleased. What do you suppose Rivera's thinking?

poo just got Real.

"dangit, i bet he's got that list of coaches in his front pocket!"

"i better come up with a 2nd facial expression and quick"

I thought he did as well as he possibly could considering it's his introduction the Charlotte media as well as being a GM. It was a big day for him, and he handled it like a pro. I think he has a good approach to it. I liked when he said he wouldn't "throw the baby out with the bath water." He's going to have some goals and the current staff can either hit the goals, or nothing personal we're just going into a different direction.

I just watched the press conference. When I saw how long the video was, thought I would only watch a little of it....could not imagine wanting to watch the entire thing. Well, I watched it all and was sorry when it ended. I like this guy. I like his experience, like his philosophy, like his confidence and humility.

Sounds like his experience is rich. Loved what he said about why he asked to take a step back in the organization last year. Loved that he said his job is to make everyone better, including RR. He gave me the feeling he just might do it. He gave compliments but not empty ones. He seems smart, tough, direct, fair, and that he has paid his dues and acquired the tools necessary to be successful at this level.

Anyone who has not taken the time to watch his press conference should. Obviously....I like this hire.