• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#106 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

True but thats not a good thing for the local community and media outlets. Dude gives them ZERO respect because he knows he has us all by the balls. He dosent have to be a dick, he just chooses to do be one. JR could be a lil more visible to the fans and not come off the way he does but he treats everyone like they are beneath him... Its in our best interest that he has a good relationship with the media outlets, too bad he has them all shaking in their boots... The media guys are just trying to do their jobs, give them the common respect they deserve... Hell, they never bust his balls with the tough questions we want, so why be such an asshole?

...and why the hell do so many fans refer to him as Mr. Richardson? Everyone kissing is ass is part of the problem. His damn name is Jerry... I listen to a lot of Sirius NFL, Mad Dog and other national radio outlets in addition to WFNZ and other fan bases dont bow down to their owner the way we do, why is that?

It isn't bowing down to him or kissing his ass, it a Southern thing where you show respect to your elders whether you agree with them or not. You can disagree with someone without being a douche. Many fans on this message board failed to show respect, some have even wish for his death just because they want a change in ownership. Those people need to get a grip.

#107 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Goodbye Beason...

If we release beason, he will be an all pro somewhere else. I hate the idea of getting rid of Beason even though its reasonable

#108 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I was expecting him to bring some staff with him but maybe he is going through the process.

#109 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

After watching the press conference he kinda reminded me of Columbo, just a c!nt hair. When he nails down the details he'll be great. Hes got the pedigree, the experience and that chip on his shoulder like he wants to prove something. I like the fact that he can evaluate talent and he's not going to spend money on sentiment....hes got a hell of a job to do and he should have been hired in 2010...im on board...

#110 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

JR doesn't need to show the Charlotte media the slightest shred of respect. They're abysmal in every aspect of their jobs.

#111 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I like him. Here's hoping he can get Gamble, Gross, Beason, Johnson, Williams, Stewart etc to restructure instead of get cut.

#112 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

To be fair to Jerry. We and the media did pick on him mercilessly after his last press conference.

#113 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,469 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Did I miss something during the presser ? On NFL.com they said Dave Gettleman laughed about our cap situation. I didn't see what that writer saw.

Some goofball I've never heard of on NFL.com wrote that. He was completely wrong.

I was expecting him to bring some staff with him but maybe he is going through the process.

Me too, but I understand the rationale he explained for not doing so.

#114 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Some goofball I've never heard of on NFL.com wrote that. He was completely wrong.

I figured as much I am kinda a tired of the bullshit press that is put out to the national audieunce.

Me too, but I understand the rationale he explained for not doing so.

#115 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,469 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Pic from the team site article about the press conference (link)

Attached File  gettleman presser.jpg   44.24KB   55 downloads

Richardson and Morrison look pretty pleased. What do you suppose Rivera's thinking?

#116 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,646 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Richardson and Morrison look pretty pleased. What do you suppose Rivera's thinking?

poo just got Real.

#117 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,640 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

"dangit, i bet he's got that list of coaches in his front pocket!"

#118 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

"i better come up with a 2nd facial expression and quick"

#119 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I thought he did as well as he possibly could considering it's his introduction the Charlotte media as well as being a GM. It was a big day for him, and he handled it like a pro. I think he has a good approach to it. I liked when he said he wouldn't "throw the baby out with the bath water." He's going to have some goals and the current staff can either hit the goals, or nothing personal we're just going into a different direction.

#120 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,272 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I just watched the press conference. When I saw how long the video was, thought I would only watch a little of it....could not imagine wanting to watch the entire thing. Well, I watched it all and was sorry when it ended. I like this guy. I like his experience, like his philosophy, like his confidence and humility.

Sounds like his experience is rich. Loved what he said about why he asked to take a step back in the organization last year. Loved that he said his job is to make everyone better, including RR. He gave me the feeling he just might do it. He gave compliments but not empty ones. He seems smart, tough, direct, fair, and that he has paid his dues and acquired the tools necessary to be successful at this level.

Anyone who has not taken the time to watch his press conference should. Obviously....I like this hire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com