• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#46 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,418 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Austin was in a ridiculous offense that played against some suspect defenses. I think a first rounder is rich for him and I do not see him falling to the second. If you pass on a guy like Austin, he will beat you for years to follow...unwritten rule. I know that Rivera has wanted a multipurpose player, skat back type athlete who can go Westbrook on you, but I am not certain that player is a first rounder. Still, you cannot forget about this guy and the potential he brings.

My questions: Have we done all we can do with Joe Adams? Pilares? I think we have to get out of the mindset that late round picks should instantly produce or we get rid of them. I think some players are developmental and need a year or two. I am really hoping Adams steps up, Pilares too. Gettis.

If Austin is not for us, I think Ace Sanders in the fourth could be a good move as well, even though I realize that Austin is much more dangerous and versatile.

SEC vs NBA or whatever conference they were in.

#47 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Y'know who's better? His teammate, Stedman Bailey.

I wouldnt complain if we picked Bailey up in the 2nd. He wont be around in the 4th. Wrote in another thread the only thing I worried about him was his speed and if he could stay healthy. The guy is a great route runner and great hands,.

#48 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I wouldnt complain if we picked Bailey up in the 2nd. He wont be around in the 4th. Wrote in another thread the only thing I worried about him was his speed and if he could stay healthy. The guy is a great route runner and great hands,.

Zero issues with his ability to stay healthy - he's a WR so he's not going to get banged by much bigger guys all that often.

He reminds me a lot of Smith - little undersized, but feisty as hell. I think he'll run a 4.5 at the Combine. If he runs a 4.4 he's a 2nd round pick.

He runs the best routes and has the best hands in the draft. He's not a burner, but he's quick enough. Very elusive too.

I'd happily take him in the 2nd.

#49 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

With Cam and how he throws I really want bigger wr.

#50 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

God he's got such a good stutter step. His stop and go is just phenomenal.

#51 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

yeah what is his 40....i know some guys who run a slow 40 but have "game time speed"....

#52 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

yeah what is his 40....i know some guys who run a slow 40 but have "game time speed"....

Devin hester and his 4.51 LOL

#53 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Austin is definitely a game-changer. If we could trade down into the 20's and take him I'd be all for it. The problem with taking him in the top 10-15 is that he probably doesn't have the size to consistently beat the jam to be a #1 WR in the NFL. It's the reason players that he's being compared to, like Harvin (22nd pick), Jackson (2nd round), and Smitty (3rd round) didn't go that high despite their playmaking ability.

#54 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Everything I've seen says expect him to run around a 4.45 or so. Not going to put up chris johnson type numbers. With austin it's more about his elusiveness and acceleration. He's still fast but I don't expect him to be the fastest guy at the combine or anything. This tweet from todd mcshay says it all.

Tweet from Todd McShay

@McShay13: WVU WR/RS Tavon Austin might be the quickest human being I've ever studied on tape...

#55 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,619 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Kiper thinks the Patriots should get him.

(I'd puke)

#56 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

A lot of mocks have the Patriots taking him. As far as Austins 40 time it should be about 4.3 Bailey will do a 4.5

#57 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Austin would look great in the slot with Julio and Roddy.

#58 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Austin would look great in the slot with Julio and Roddy.

i would be sick, but that would be a deadly trio.

#59 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

i would be sick, but that would be a deadly trio.

Think we have too many defensive needs but if he drops to our 2nd and we don't take him i'll be livid.

#60 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,677 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Yes he can play running back too. Did it the last half the season last season. They wanted to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.

Best game of the season for him.

That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in one game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.