• 17,727 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

#2 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Owned Me thinks they are scared of announcing they are gun free at home. I understand why they wouldn't want these signs. Its a small win for pro gun folks.

Remember criminals are gonna keep/ use guns regardless of the laws. If they know your unarmed its easy pickings.

Imagine for a second that they could eliminate all guns. How would you like to face one, two or even more home invaders wielding machetes?

The gun is the great equalizer. It is possible knowing the lay out of your home to hold multiple gun wielders at bay, but If it gets to melee combat the superior force has much more advantage.

#3 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Owned Me thinks they are scared of announcing they are gun free at home. I understand why they wouldn't want these signs. Its a small win for pro gun folks.

Remember criminals are gonna keep/ use guns regardless of the laws. If they know your unarmed its easy pickings.

Imagine for a second that they could eliminate all guns. How would you like to face one, two or even more home invaders wielding machetes?

The gun is the great equalizer. It is possible knowing the lay out of your home to hold multiple gun wielders at bay, but If it gets to melee combat the superior force has much more advantage.

lol do you live in a fantasy Rambo movie or something? it's more likely your child accidentally shoots them self in the face than you stop an intruder with a gun.

#4 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

lol do you live in a fantasy Rambo movie or something? it's more likely your child accidentally shoots them self in the face than you stop an intruder with a gun.

You see my post on the Wife is now pro gun thread?

I was almost a victim of a crime and just by accident I was armed and stopped a robbery.

I also know that if house become unarmed then criminals will be much braver.

Also anyone on the cusp of becoming or thinking of turning to crime will have a lot less to deter them.

No laws are ever going to replace moral self-control or responsibility. Those who lack these will strike out and the potential for tragedy is still there.

Before guns there was plenty of atrocities they will not stop.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,302 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

A buddy of mine posted this today.

I then told him to come try and push me out of a window.

And there you have the difference.

#6 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

TbTeRRoR is a good troll

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Panthro doesn't want his wife to have the ability to equalize any situation where she's at a disadvantage against a would-be attacker. It's his choice to put his faith in the response time of the police. His choice.

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sure...if you haven't taught your child how to handle a firearm. Don't know what has anything to do with this thread though.

Rodeo...you ready to show your solidarity in this effort and put a sign in your front yard?

#9 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,111 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

sure showed them

#10 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Sure...if you haven't taught your child how to handle a firearm. Don't know what has anything to do with this thread though.

No, period. People with guns in their home are more likely to kill themselves either on purpose or accident than to stop an intruder. If you have a gun in your home, you are saying that it's an acceptable risk for your child to blow their head off on the chance you may get to play Rambo some day.

#11 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,302 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Panthro doesn't want his wife to have the ability to equalize any situation where she's at a disadvantage against a would-be attacker. It's his choice to put his faith in the response time of the police. His choice.

Yet your wife or kid has a higher risk of blowing thei head off.

We will take our chances.

#12 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

No, period. People with guns in their home are more likely to kill themselves either on purpose or accident than to stop an intruder. If you have a gun in your home, you are saying that it's an acceptable risk for your child to blow their head off on the chance you may get to play Rambo some day.

Lol ok. Maybe if my kids learn the combination to the gun safe, and I clean my guns with a bullet chambered, this could happen.

1. Always handle a firearm as if is loaded.

2. Always remove magazine, and pull action back numerous times, while looking into the action to ensure a bullet isn't stuck in the barrel entrance.

3. Never chamber a weapon before you store it after cleaning.

4. Take more firearms training courses if inanimate object scares you.

#13 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Do you feel the same way about swimming pools?

#14 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

TbTeRRoR is a good troll

not sure... if good or bad this is? btw sorry for doubl'n up not sure about multi quote thing

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Do you feel the same way about swimming pools?

I don't buy into the countless dumbass analogies that gun people think serve as a rebuttal to any criticism. If you don't want to talk about guns, then don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.