Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citizens against Senseless Violence sign campaign

58 posts in this topic

Posted

just curious, why are people so certain Obama is going to try to, or even really wants to, take all of your guns?

it's typical reactionary bullshit. nothing more.

Posted

Has anyone even bothered to look into Switzerland's actual gun control laws, or was the assumption that since the population acts as a militia and is well armed there are none?

Posted

Heh, we will all see tomorrow, all hail the king...

Posted

so when Obama doesn't take your guns, are you going to realize you're just a little bit overzealous here? Or are you going to decide he was just too afraid to?

Posted

Has anyone even bothered to look into Switzerland's actual gun control laws, or was the assumption that since the population acts as a militia and is well armed there are none?

Hah the United States populas is the largest standing army in the world, by a wide margin.

Switzerland wishes it had the militia we have.

311 long gun crimes committed here in 2011, less than hammers... Get real, the scary "military patern rifle" is the least of our problems. We have a people problem not a gun problem.

Posted

Excellent job at avoiding the question.

edit: eh, that question should have been posted in a different thread anyway I think, but all these threads are starting to merge together. :P

Posted

Excellent job at avoiding the question.

His name is "AR-15 Panther" how can you take anything he says in a debate about firearms seriously?

Posted

http://en.wikipedia...._in_Switzerland

people in the united states would be shitting bricks over some of these requirements and regulations. it's hardly some kind of libertarian paradise full of loud and proud gun toters.

swiss gun laws are also heavily influenced by the schengen treaty. can you imagine what would happen if obama went on national TV tomorrow and insisted that US gun control policy should be dictated by specifications laid out in an international treaty?

Posted

Hah the United States populas is the largest standing army in the world, by a wide margin.

Switzerland wishes it had the militia we have.

311 long gun crimes committed here in 2011, less than hammers... Get real, the scary "military patern rifle" is the least of our problems. We have a people problem not a gun problem.

Totally agree! I don't have one in the house now because I've got a very curious and able young one but I'm sure glad to know a guy around the corner with a room full of em'.

You and Rodeo are correct though. There was a Charlotte officer who was in the locker room and he discharged his weapon by accident and I think he may have even injured himself. That guy is supposed to be a professional. That guy may have never shot anybody on the street but may have injured himself with his, that's what is funny about that, ironic.

There is an inherent danger in owing a firearm we all know that but your gas stove might be just as dangerous. We can attach danger to any object but it needs an operator thus our people problem.

Posted

I couldn't give two sh/ts if tyrant 2a haters disagree. I await your "oh noes, I no longer have the freedom of speech either?"

History will repeat itself, but I couldn't seriously think a commie like you could grasp that...

Posted

so when Obama doesn't take your guns, are you going to realize you're just a little bit overzealous here? Or are you going to decide he was just too afraid to?

so it seems that Obama isn't going to take anyones guns, but who knows, maybe he'll pull a fast one

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/obama-guns-plan-to-include-trafficking-law-86260.html?hp=t1_3

Bruce Reed, chief of staff to guns task force leader Vice President Joe Biden, told a meeting that the proposals to be unveiled at a White House event Wednesday morning will come with three prongs: legislation to reduce gun availability and executive actions to address education and mental health. Among the areas those executive actions would address are anti-bullying measures and additional training for school counselors and mental health professionals.

According to the person in the room for Reed’s presentation, Obama’s gun violence prong includes universal background checks for all new gun purchases, which Reed called the most important element of Obama’s entire gun violence proposal. It also calls for banning assault weapons and ammunition magazines with more than 10 rounds and an anti-trafficking law that the White House hopes will break up gun-trafficking rings, Reed told the group.

History will repeat itself, but I couldn't seriously think a commie like you could grasp that...

I am curious what exactly you think is going to be repeated in the US...?

Posted

These guys are sitting around and jacking off to the thought of getting to shoot people and playing RedDawn vs our govt.

1 person likes this