57 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,470 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Lol ok. Maybe if my kids learn the combination to the gun safe, and I clean my guns with a bullet chambered, this could happen.

1. Always handle a firearm as if is loaded.

2. Always remove magazine, and pull action back numerous times, while looking into the action to ensure a bullet isn't stuck in the barrel entrance.

3. Never chamber a weapon before you store it after cleaning.

4. Take more firearms training courses if inanimate object scares you.

There's no 'maybe' about it, it's a statistical fact.

#17 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

There's no 'maybe' about it, it's a statistical fact.

And that's your rebuttal? My kids will never learn my safe combination. What about "never"?

Will they have a master plan to figure out their daddy's gun safe combo someday? Lol

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,470 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Ok surely you're the exception, statistics don't apply to you

#19 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Ok surely you're the exception, statistics don't apply to you

You're damn right it don't. I enjoy the snarky comment though.

Teach yourself, and your kids the same...the way to handle, clean, shoot, and store a firearm in the house and this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

#20 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't buy into the countless dumbass analogies that gun people think serve as a rebuttal to any criticism. If you don't want to talk about guns, then don't.

I'm talking about guns bro. We already witnessed your rebuttal.

#21 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well comparisons are a good base for any argument. You don't buy into that so lets go at that! Lets hijack this thread!

Why are comparisons not valid? I'll admit many are just flinging crap to see if it sticks but some analogies have their places. I believe in this case pools fits close enough to the exact same mold as in your pov on guns regarding the dangers inherit to children. In the end its all about personal responsibility and adults and in this case parents.

I myself am the father of 2 kids under the age of 5. My shotgun and Ak-47 are well out of reach of my kids and unloaded. The clips for my AK-47 are absolutely out of my kids reach. As they grow they will be taught how very dangerous these guns are. I myself would be FAR more concerned if we had a pool in my or any nearby neighbors yards for that matter.

Now as they grow older the pool concern drops and gun rises that is a point I can concede no arguing from me there. This is were raising your kids right comes in. My father told me on numerous occasions how dangerous guns were as I grew up. When I was pretty young he taught me how to operate and the dos and don'ts of guns. I was taught that under no circumstances other than the fear of my life was I to touch one of his guns. Maybe I was just raised right IDk but I never played with any guns.

Another true story. I was 14 and home alone one summer I heard a car pull up in the drive in broad daylight. I was chillin watching TV. I looked out and it was a shabby looking little car with a woman driving. I just caught a glimpse of a man running around the corner of my dads house as I peeked out. I was terrified. I ran to his room and retrieved his loaded gun and went back to the back door. Heard nothing so I peeked out the back window. They guy was at the barn He grabbed a battery charger and took off. After I had the gun my heart was racing but I can attest I was no where as near afraid as I was thinking before I got the gun that the guy could kick in the back door and cut me off defenseless before I could get to the gun( had to pass Bdoor to get to gun) So what would have happened if the guy had of went for the door and my dad was anti gun? No one can say but who would want to be in that situation?

Should I have called 911 first yeah great idea I'd still be the mercy of this man had he entered

#22 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I don't buy into the countless dumbass analogies that gun people think serve as a rebuttal to any criticism. If you don't want to talk about guns, then don't.

Well comparisons are a good base for any argument. You don't buy into that so lets go at that! Lets hijack this thread!

Why are comparisons not valid? I'll admit many are just flinging crap to see if it sticks but some analogies have their places. I believe in this case pools fits close enough to the exact same mold as in your pov on guns regarding the dangers inherit to children. In the end its all about personal responsibility and adults and in this case parents.

I myself am the father of 2 kids under the age of 5. My shotgun and Ak-47 are well out of reach of my kids and unloaded. The clips for my AK-47 are absolutely out of my kids reach. As they grow they will be taught how very dangerous these guns are. I myself would be FAR more concerned if we had a pool in my or any nearby neighbors yards for that matter.

Now as they grow older the pool concern drops and gun rises that is a point I can concede no arguing from me there. This is were raising your kids right comes in. My father told me on numerous occasions how dangerous guns were as I grew up. When I was pretty young he taught me how to operate and the dos and don'ts of guns. I was taught that under no circumstances other than the fear of my life was I to touch one of his guns. Maybe I was just raised right IDk but I never played with any guns.

Another true story. I was 14 and home alone one summer I heard a car pull up in the drive in broad daylight. I was chillin watching TV. I looked out and it was a shabby looking little car with a woman driving. I just caught a glimpse of a man running around the corner of my dads house as I peeked out. I was terrified. I ran to his room and retrieved his loaded gun and went back to the back door. Heard nothing so I peeked out the back window. They guy was at the barn He grabbed a battery charger and took off. After I had the gun my heart was racing but I can attest I was no where as near afraid as I was thinking before I got the gun that the guy could kick in the back door and cut me off defenseless before I could get to the gun( had to pass Bdoor to get to gun) So what would have happened if the guy had of went for the door and my dad was anti gun? No one can say but who would want to be in that situation?

Should I have called 911 first yeah great idea I'd still be the mercy of this man had he entered

forgot to quote you

#23 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

No TB you are a gun loving 2nd Amendment loving redneck in this forum.

#24 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Americans are seriously fuged in the head now. Don't mind our government disarming us. It's written in the fuging Constitution boys and girls. Our forefathers lived in tyranny. They knew what it's like. I can imagine what it was like.

"The 13 British Colonies" said fug YOU! And this is what you have.

Keep pushing this gun control bullshit. It won't be pretty. You think military and police will obey orders? You are dead wrong my liberal enemies. Keep living in your bullshit thinking.

#25 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Who exactly is disarming you? I want you to own guns. There's going to be some more rules and regs but I don't want to take them away,

ps the south said fug you just like the 13 colonies and the north made them their bitch

#26 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Who exactly is disarming you? I want you to own guns. There's going to be some more rules and regs but I don't want to take them away,

ps the south said fug you just like the 13 colonies and the north made them their bitch

I'm all for more rules and regs... Don't take my poo.

Every gun I own is my "Papaws".... Something Smootdaddy likes to make fun of.

I want more gun safety classes in school.

#27 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Panthro is a true American.

#28 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

So I am a rebel right? No...just an American.

#29 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

As am I

#30 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

As am I

Let me let you in on something. Your president won't take away our firearms (regardless of what he considers a high capacity assault rifle) keep dreaming. He can't do it. Even with executive orders. I hope he tries though. So that bitch will be impeached.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.