Photo
- - - - -

Is this normal? Early onset mid-life crisis? WTF?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

You can get away from those things now Bron, right where you are.

Funny thing is getting a smart TV helped me get away from "the suck" at little.

Instead of watching the "EVERYTHING IS BAD" network news in the evenings, I play music through Pandora (instrumental covers, and the like) and just enjoy dinner with my wife and son.

I understand what you are saying tho.

#12 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Buy a sports car

#13 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I was there. Quit my job of 10 years, moved out of Charlotte and haven't looked back. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like a hypocrite. Now I'm in the middle of nowhere.

#14 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• Locationtryin to figure it out...
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Find the spot you want to build your small house, then acquire it. Build the house and start using it for weekends away & week long vacations. When you feel the time is right, after all your severance from society is done & you have what you need to survive, then sell your current place of residence & make your weekend spot your new permanent...

Back in '95 I worked on a tugboat, met a guy who sold his house and moved into his sailboat. Dude had a PO box & his 2 boys lived on the boat with him. He owned the boat, worked it out so he could dock & get power from a waterfront business in exchange for keeping an eye on the place at night, he loved it. Just sayin....

#15 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

Administrators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

You guys go to the boonies and eat sticks and live in tents, leaving more stuff for me.

Win-win.

#16 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

every day dude... i'm 30 now... started happening to me a few years ago... it's just getting worse... i'm trying to figure out how to make it work.

Seconded!

Working a plan to get the hell out of this "career" and get into a much more fulfilling mode. My kid is grown and on her own so the wife and I really dont need a big house, 3 cars, 3 TVs, satellite, internet, cell phones, and all of the other poo that is modern life.

I can grow a lot of the food we need on our 1 acre lot and the house is paid for so a couple decent part time gigs should be enough to take care of the necessities.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm 26 and I got the same feeling. You know what helps? Just going away somewhere for a week or 2, away from everything.

#18 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

You guys go to the boonies and eat sticks and live in tents, leaving more stuff for me.

Win-win.

Was just thinking that....I know a lot of people are going into this mode right now and I get it and good for them but not me. I still need a freaking jetski, my Lexus sports car, hair gel, and high definition LED TVs.

Sure none of this will help me when the zombie apocolypse starts but as far as I am concerned, I hope to be one of the first to go when that day comes.

I do respect the people that go off and live the simple life in the middle of nowhere and I believe that they are happier for it. I'm just not wired that way.

#19 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

On a sidenote, I have entertained the thought of living on a boat and fully intend to do so one day so maybe I am not that bad. When I do it though, will be docked at a place like The Peninsula Country Club on Lake Norman so I won't exactly be roughing it.

#20 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

Administrators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

<<I'd be doing it in the South Pacific. With machine guns and mortars for the pirates, naturally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users