Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

Gil Brandt's 2013 mock draft is out

64 posts in this topic

WR wouldn't bother me, just don't want that one.

wat is this....I'll find a way to blame JR for this mock'

brb

This draft doesn't have a single receiver that is really one above the other. The only one who MIGHT be is Da'Rick Rogers and that guy isn't going to sniff the first round.

I like Terrance Williams a lot. He isn't as safe as say Keenan Allen or Robert Woods but he has the great athleticism to go along with the production he put up his past 2 years at Baylor. He is similar to Josh Gordon, but in my opinion, better. And Gordon looked really good for Cleveland this past season (50 receptions, 805 receiving yards, 5 receiving touchdowns in 13 games).

With that said, I'd prefer we go a different position with our first round pick.

Say you want about Brandt but that old man is one of the most knowledgeable guys in football. He is very good evaluating talent.

1 person likes this

Say you want about Brandt but that old man is one of the most knowledgeable guys in football. He is very good evaluating talent.

He was one of the (few) media guys that I read that actually gave a knowledgeable evaluation on Cam too. Most importantly didn't base his opinion on Cam from what some other people said and based it off of all he had known as a fact at that time.

1 person likes this

why would the Raiders draft Geno Smith when they already have Terrelle Pryor?

You do know that Geno Smith is NOT a running QB right? He's a pocket passer (and a very good one) that can extend plays if he has too, but he's nowhere near Wilson, Cam, RG3, Pryer, type of a runner. Not sure where the comparisons are (and Geno should be much better). Geno is a very smart football player and I think he'll do well in the NFL.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Terrance Williams in the 2nd maybe. Seems like a deep draft for WR so I hope we at least take someone in the first few rounds.

-John Cochran voice- If your pick's in the middle of the first round, YOU MUST TRADE DOWN!!!!.

You do know that Geno Smith is NOT a running QB right? He's a pocket passer (and a very good one) that can extend plays if he has too, but he's nowhere near Wilson, Cam, RG3, Pryer, type of a runner. Not sure where the comparisons are (and Geno should be much better). Geno is a very smart football player and I think he'll do well in the NFL.

That being said, I wouldn't mind Terrance Williams in the 2nd maybe. Seems like a deep draft for WR so I hope we at least take someone in the first few rounds.

merely rustling feathers... some WV fanboy thought we should scrap Cam for Geno..

A football mind I respect.he knows this team needs to address wr early, and this guy must be his #1 wr right now, but it is plenty of time.

I don't know why people take so much stock in such early mock drafts.

I would love Chance Warmack but he is going to be long gone.