Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Charlotte Council approves plan to give Panthers $125 million

103 posts in this topic

Someone correct me here if I'm missing something

the taxpayers will now have put $185 million into the Panthers organization

JR raised $200 million initially, although the majority of that was from PSLs

so.... PSL + taxpayer money is substantially greater than what JR initially invested. The Panthers net worth is over one billion (and should get a bump from this) and make over $100 million in profit yearly... but taxpayers and PSL owners have zero share in the business and receive none of the actual profit. All that goes to JR and his owner group. Sounds fair.

Maybe I should ask the city council to build me a restaurant or some other business. It will create jobs and revenue for the area after all. You guys foot the bill for me and I'll just show up to collect whatever profit it makes. And of course I'll own it, not the city, so when I sell it that all goes to me as well. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

You fuging moron. Will your restaurant give jobs to 40-50,000 people not to mention give rise to 40-50 business around you? If not then Stfu.

It would it if was a good BBQ joint downtown. I'd help keep it in the black.

would it cost taxpayers $185 million? whose the moron ffs

1 person likes this

Actually they make close to $100M in just TV revenue alone.

Again it would not surprise me that Richardson has a low Net Yearly Income.

I think the Packers are the only team that has public records (being publicly held and all) and they make in the 30 million range.

Panthers make noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowhere near $100 million yearly. If they did their valuation wouldn't be as small as $1 billion, Jesus. I would be very surprised if they had a net yearly income of more than $10 million.

from what I understand from the CBA they decided to split profits between owners and players right at about 50/50. With the salary cap being at $120 million that means the owners should be pulling in $100+ million on average a year. That's how I understood it at least, if you have an actual source that shows otherwise go for it but honestly the actual amount makes no difference to this discussion

from what I understand from the CBA they decided to split profits between owners and players right at about 50/50. With the salary cap being at $120 million that means the owners should be pulling in $100+ million on average a year. That's how I understood it at least, if you have an actual source that shows otherwise go for it but honestly the actual amount makes no difference to this discussion

They split total revenue, not profit. Jerry has some pie charts to show you.

The Panthers net worth is over one billion (and should get a bump from this) and make over $100 million in profit yearly...

Yeah....no. The Panthers don't make anything close to a 100 million dollar profit yearly.

MAYBE 15-20 million, MAYBE.

I don't agree with the city being so eager to throw money at the team, but your statement is just wrong. There are only a few teams in the NFL that make that kind of money and we are certainly not one of them.

I like him. He seems like he's all business, pretty much the opposite of Marty Hurney

http://proplayerinsiders.com/the-nfl-revenue-split-with-players/

would it cost taxpayers $185 million? whose the moron ffs

It also cost people with no kids to pay for other people with kids schooling. Or pay for a street in neighborhood that I will never go to to get fix. You talk about 185 million. How much money has he made for and brought to the city? When you realize that. Then you would understand why you should Stfu.

1 person likes this

lol ok revenue then

i googled and it said the packers made $43 million in 11-12 and that's the only public numbers you're going to find

as I said though the amount really has nothing to do with anything here. bottom line is JR has grown a massive amount of net worth and profits while taxpayers and and PSL owners foot the bill. At least with PSLs you had to be stupid enough to sign up for that voluntarily unlike the increased taxes I will be forced to pay... hooray for that.

Also, to the people complaining, it is a mathematical certainty, that the Panthers have paid for 185 Million the city invested with the jobs, tourism, and merchandise that were brought here. Not to mention the taxable income of the multiple millionaires the team brought with it over the years. It's as good a use of public funds as those cats are going to make. What's the second best use of public funds lately? The light rail? Which would probably be no good without the stadium.