102 replies to this topic

#76 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

True they would have avoided a secret closed door meeting to pass it if they thought there could be trouble

They probably did it because some shirtless dude with "soy bomb" written across his chest would have come to protest so he got on TV. Also, as a politician it's never a good idea to be publicly pro spending, even if it's a good idea.

#77 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

All those T-shirt sales at Dicks and NFL.com are split 32 ways and with players of course. The Panthers do keep the lions share of merchandise sales from the team website and inside the stadium but those tend to be very low because we lose so much. The Panthers are turning a profit but it's modest. I'm pretty sure they are putting up a hundred mil or two of their own money as well. The city isn't paying for everything here. You guys may not be happy with the product on the field but the Carolina Panthers franchise is much more than that. It's a year round business and community outreach program. I'm just an average Joe that goes to the free events and they treat me like a king. They remember my name, they remember my family. I've been to 4 Panthers games for free in the past 5 years just by signing up for all the different giveaways and going to the events. 3 of them were in the lower bowl. So you can get mad about what happens 16 days a year but that stadium is full of good people.

#78 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,684 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Actually they make close to $100M in just TV revenue alone.

Again it would not surprise me that Richardson has a low Net Yearly Income.

Acctg 101.....

Revenue does not equal profit.

Pop quiz tomorrow. So make sure you study hard.

#79 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Funny how the biggest complainers of public money being spent on the stadium are the biggest hypers of big government policy/ politicians in the tinderbox.

#80 Craigslist Killer

Craigslist Killer

I love me some hookers

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

the City of Charlotte makes money off the Panthers a typical NFL game bring in 60,000 people per game those people stay at hotels and eat in restaurants The Panthers make Charlotte a better place to live good investment for Charlotte

#81 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Acctg 101.....

Revenue does not equal profit.

Pop quiz tomorrow. So make sure you study hard.

That's what I was alluding to in my post. I think you might be thinking of another poster in this thread

Reading Comp 101

I said while TV revenue was over 100m alone I wouldn't be surprised if his yearly net income was close to nothing (if anything)

#82 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

This hillbilly's shits are smarter than you on your best day...and they make more money.

Personal attack by a moderator.

Also, I gotta disagree with ya. If they were so smart they would move out of the most ass backwards state in the union second to Alabama.

Even trashy dumb asses from Ohio are smart enough to know they gotta move as soon as they're able. That's more than I can say about folks from the "upstate"

#83 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Not to mention the 100,000 or so jobs that have been brought to the city because of this organization

This is a very strong statement.

Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?

Didn't think so.

If your just going to talk out if your ass, try to keep it in the college hoops forum.

#84 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

This is a very strong statement.

Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?

Didn't think so.

If your just going to talk out if your ass, try to keep it in the college hoops forum.

Hey dumb ass. How many vendors, parking attendees, ticket taker, transportation workers, security guards, concession workers, grounds keepers, sound and video workers and maintenance people have jobs because of the panthers? Not to mention the office worker that have good paying jobs during the week. Then add in the restaurant hotels and entertainment places that were built to take advantage of the money that comes from being around a NFL stadium. Add all their employees in. And we still haven't mention the players and coaches and regular NFl team staff. I I'm pretty sure you can get to 100,000 people employed due to the Panthers and Jerry Richardson . Now Stfu.

#85 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah those people who overcook the $7 hot dogs inside the stadium are very thankful Mr.Richardson brought the Panthers here.

Also, those "office jobs" you speak of are not correlated to the Panthers being here. Only uneducated, and excuse the bluntness, very ignorant people truly believe the economy and city growth rate revolves around a losing NFL franchise. Come on bro.

#86 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,202 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yeah those people who overcook the $7 hot dogs inside the stadium are very thankful Mr.Richardson brought the Panthers here.

Also, those "office jobs" you speak of are not correlated to the Panthers being here. Only uneducated, and excuse the bluntness, very ignorant people truly believe the economy and city growth rate revolves around a losing NFL franchise. Come on bro.

A friend of mine owned a couple of hotels in Gastonia, and said he made over $20,000 more per home game during the season. It was a selling point when he sold them.

#87 Guest_BlueBoy_*

Guest_BlueBoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I guess when you have a superstar QB for the next 10+ years and a team on the brink of being a perennial playoff team the government tend to wanna give you poo for free. Makes sense.

#88 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,684 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

That's what I was alluding to in my post. I think you might be thinking of another poster in this thread

Reading Comp 101

I said while TV revenue was over 100m alone I wouldn't be surprised if his yearly net income was close to nothing (if anything)

My apologies

#89 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

http://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/

Check forbes for information on the teams income and operating income. 269 mil in income and 11.5 mil in operating income.

The operating income is the team's earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization.

Reason for this is it cost a whole lot of money to keep the stadium kept up, pay the players, the coaching staff, the front office and everyone else that works for the Panthers.

#90 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Your crazy, right? The team brings in over 160 million in area profits from just 8 games each season in hotel, restaurant and bar receipts. That's not counting the additional money spent by people at other places. All of that is not even counting the other stadium events and so forth. Also there's ton's of employees that work for the Panther's as well. Also you can add to that with the fact that most of the business' in the Stadiums area rely on those 8 games a year to cut a profit. "Hotel's, Bar's, Restaurants and so forth."

Saying the team doesn't push the economy of the city around it is silly. That's a ton of profit that would be missing from that area of town if it weren't for the Panther's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com