• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#51 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

. At least with PSLs you had to be stupid enough to sign up for that voluntarily unlike the increased taxes I will be forced to pay... hooray for that.

If it's that big of a deal to you, then grill your own cheeseburgers and you won't have that problem.

#52 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

I'd rather have the Panthers get the money than I would some bullshit scientific study get it.

But still, part of me thinks that it's stupid that the government foots the bill for stuff like this, and another part thinks it's justified because the team probably brings a lot of business to the city.

#53 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Also, to the people complaining, it is a mathematical certainty, that the Panthers have paid for 185 Million the city invested with the jobs, tourism, and merchandise that were brought here. Not to mention the taxable income of the multiple millionaires the team brought with it over the years. It's as good a use of public funds as those cats are going to make. What's the second best use of public funds lately? The light rail? Which would probably be no good without the stadium.

Not to mention the 100,000 or so jobs that have been brought to the city because of this organization

#54 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Not to mention the 100,000 or so jobs that have been brought to the city because of this organization

go on...

#55 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

yayy we get fan misters..and personal bedpans so you never miss a minute of action!!.

Is this really just for a giant flat-screen? Vizios are real cheap at wally world and we could have one hooked to every other seat!!

My Classy upgrades will be copy-written.

Hey, if they invented a seat where I could just piss after drinking 6 beers and not miss any of the game... I would pay a little extra for that. Just no #2s.

I can't wait until we have all purpose loungers like in Wall-E.

#56 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

And to all the people bitching about the PSL. You should remember that we don't get a team without it.

#57 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• LocationLas Vegas, NV
HUDDLER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Also, to the people complaining, it is a mathematical certainty, that the Panthers have paid for 185 Million the city invested with the jobs, tourism, and merchandise that were brought here. Not to mention the taxable income of the multiple millionaires the team brought with it over the years. It's as good a use of public funds as those cats are going to make. What's the second best use of public funds lately? The light rail? Which would probably be no good without the stadium.

if they were making all that money back in the form of tax revenues already then they wouldn't need a tax increase. either way, why should money be coming out of my pocket to fun a billionaire's private business? I'm not benefiting from the any profit that JRs business make so why should I foot any of the bill?

#58 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

So, one of the the most successful teams in the entire NFL only made $12 million in profit? See, ROCKnROLLA, your math is wrong.

#59 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

And to all the people bitching about the PSL. You should remember that we don't get a team without it.

No one is bitching about it Copernicus.

Jerry Richardson wouldnt have been awarded the team if it wasn't for the PSLs.

#60 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• LocationLa Grange, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

if they were making all that money back in the form of tax revenues already then they wouldn't to a tax increase

Unless they spent those increased revenues elsewhere. . .like new stadium for the Bobcats, NASCAR Hall of Fame, arts center, minor league ball park. . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users