Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who gets cut that suddenly leaves us with a big need?

77 posts in this topic

Posted

Some of the posters predicting we need Warmack at 14 (some early mock drafts have him going in the top 5) assume that right guard may be our biggest need. However I think that we will have other big needs once we cut overpaid players to get under the cap before free agency. For example, if Gamble is cut to save cap space then we suddenly have a huge hole in the secondary. And if Edwards is cut at nose tackle we suddenly have a hole there as well.

While we are uselessly speculating, what other holes might we have if some high priced veterans are cut??

Posted

Gross lt

Gamble cb

Those are the two most likely. I think Gamble is a damn near lock.

Posted

Your paycheck to the sum of $125 million in taxes

Posted

I don't think Gamble is as big of a need as people think. Or anyone in our secondary. We had a couple of undrafted free agents and a 7th round safety playing back there at the end of the year. The reason they were effective was that our pass rush finally came on. You only give a QB 3 seconds or so to find someone and it makes your db's so much better. Gamble would be a great luxury to have but we can't afford that luxury. Gettlemen has already said that there is a price at every position and I'd imagine the one for DB's isn't that high. A 2nd or 4th round safety/corner could shore up the secondary as long as the pass rush continues to improve.

Gross would be a huge loss. While I feel like he should restructure, move to the right side, and then hopefully we draft a left tackle at 14 it's unlikely. I think the offensive line is a huge priority this offseason. Hopefully we bring in some quality draft picks, at least two, and maybe a low priced veteran free agent.

Posted

Deangelo! we need RBs in the 1st..

Posted

NT by far. Anyone who says Gamble does not watch the games or is too drunk to remember them.

2 people like this

Posted

LT, it's time for Gross to hit that road.

Posted

Cam Newton

Posted

For example, if Gamble is cut to save cap space then we suddenly have a huge hole in the secondary. And if Edwards is cut at nose tackle we suddenly have a hole there as well.

No true... Our secondary played well enough without Gamble. He's just a nice piece to have when he is there. It will be weird without Gamble there but he is just expendable at the moment

I'd say our biggest need are

1a. NT

1b. RG

2. LT

3 CB

4 O-Line Depth

5. DB Depth

2 people like this

Posted

I think Ron Edward, Hangman and Gamble are all gone. Gamble will be a cap casualty. There's no doubt 'holes' will be created.

As far as the draft part goes. We draft the most overall, talented player from the OL/DT/WR/DB positions.

Posted

Deangelo! we need RBs in the 1st..

You joke, but when we cut/trade Williams and Stewart goes down in week 3, we're gonna be hard up for RBs.

Posted

You joke, but when we cut/trade Williams and Stewart goes down in week 3, we're gonna be hard up for RBs.

no different than if we kept Williams who could very well go down in week 3...