Photo
- - - - -

Is Lamont Bryant The Next Impact Player Off The Practice Squad?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#46 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Bye Armanti, Pilares & Murphy. Give me Smitty, Lafell, Gettis, Bryant & Joe Adams.

That would be glorious in comparison.

#47 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I also agree that the sleeper at WR is Gettis. He is 6-4 and runs a sub 4.4. Enterining his fourth year, if he stays healthy, he could be good. He was decent with Clausen at QB. We need a #1 WR, however, All we have are slots and #3s. (While Smith has served us well as the #1, he would have been unstoppable with a true #1 on his outside. 5'9" WRs are not usually suited for the outside. Not dissing him, just stating facts).

True but Smitty isn't your average 5'9" WR... He plays like he's 6'11

#48 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

True but Smitty isn't your average 5'9" WR... He plays like he's 6'11

He is a beast, but how good would he have been in the slot with a stud #1 on the outside? THey could not cover him. He played outside because MH never brought in a good WR.

Smitty is going to hit a wall soon; I think he is already hitting it. He will decline rapidly--maybe not in 2013, but I am sure by 2014. We really need a stud WR. Smitty could play 3 more seasons (maybe) as a slot, part timer. As a #1, we will be lucky to see him finish 2013.

I LOVE his heart.

#49 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

He is a beast, but how good would he have been in the slot with a stud #1 on the outside? THey could not cover him. He played outside because MH never brought in a good WR.

Smitty is going to hit a wall soon; I think he is already hitting it. He will decline rapidly--maybe not in 2013, but I am sure by 2014. We really need a stud WR. Smitty could play 3 more seasons (maybe) as a slot, part timer. As a #1, we will be lucky to see him finish 2013.

I LOVE his heart.

I agree about Smitty being in the slot

But I don't think we'll see a drastic halt in his numbers like your saying... They'll just slowly digress and I don't think Smitty will go out like that he'll go out before he becomes useless. We do need to start looking for a future number one though possibly Amari Cooper in two years the kid is a beast

Plus every year we talk about "Is Smitty gonna fall off this season?"

#50 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Smitty wont drop off, Tony Gonzalez is retiring after this year and he has still been a beast.

#51 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

He's big as poo

And run a 4.3?

Gooododd damn

#52 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

In looking at the receiving numbers for our team it seems Bryant could have easily replaced Edwards, Barnidge, Pilares, Hartsock and Adams combined. Combined they have 23 Targets with 16 receptions for 278 yards.

#53 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

The Pilares hate in this thread is strong... WTF???

Dude made plays damn near every time he touched the ball. I think some of you just looked up the stats on our WRs and ignored the fact dude was on IR for half the year.

#54 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,090 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

"...the next impact player off the practice squad"

who was the last one?

#55 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

"...the next impact player off the practice squad"

who was the last one?

Thomas Keiser made an impact

#56 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

The Pilares hate in this thread is strong... WTF???

Dude made plays damn near every time he touched the ball. I think some of you just looked up the stats on our WRs and ignored the fact dude was on IR for half the year.

Agreed he was a decent KR (Not really elusive but he gets the job done) and when he was in at WR and got the ball he made plays

#57 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,317 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

From profootballweekly: "Does not have a pro work ethic."

Hopefully this changes because obviously he has the physical attributes to be a beast.

#58 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

This, I'm questioning why we resigned Nelson Rosario though... Also since this is brought up don't know if yall know but Jared Green is a Dallas Cowboy we let him walk

Well, not exactly. We didn't let him "walk", Dallas signed him off of our practice squad. Any team can sign any player from any practice squad in the league, so long as they sign him to the active roster, and there isn't a thing that the original team can do about it.

#59 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Well, not exactly. We didn't let him "walk", Dallas signed him off of our practice squad. Any team can sign any player from any practice squad in the league, so long as they sign him to the active roster, and there isn't a thing that the original team can do about it.

True.. But we resigned Bryant, Rosario, and Hixon to contracts before Dallas signed him... Wouldn't we have resigned Green as well?

#60 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,204 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

There's a million things more that go into being a receiver than just having measurables. If he couldn't dominate at the lower levels it either speaks to an inability to use his gifts or an unwillingness to work at developing them.

Reminds me of a guy on our local high school squad that had five inches on everyone and was an athletic freak but could be shutdown with the simplest of press coverages because he hated contact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com