Photo
- - - - -

Is Lamont Bryant The Next Impact Player Off The Practice Squad?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationArlington, VA
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

I think he actually did wake up being 6'5 and fast as hell with a 43' vertical. Those are the exact things that don't take any work. Work is hitting the weight room, studying technique and applying that on the practice field. There is a reason dude is built like randy moss and still went undrafted.

Sorry but I disagree. 6'5" tall men don't naturally run sub 4.6 forties. It takes a lot of work to get there. And how many young men at the combine posted a 43" vertical last year? I don't know the answer, but I'd guess not many. And I'd guess the one/s that did, aren't even sniffing 6'5". Stephen Hill may be the only person I can remember from last year with similar measurables, and that young man is an absolute beast - physically. And I doubt Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson woke up one day with their physical attributes as well. They worked their butts off.

He likely has a good work ethic, but doesn't know how to study film, and technique, and fully grasp a playbook. He probably needs someone to spend the time to show him how to be an NFL WR. If I'm a head coach, I'd assign someone to spend long periods of time with him.

#82 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationArlington, VA
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Okay, from ProFootball Weekly.
http://www.profootba...amont-bryant-8/

So he actually ran a 4.45 at his pro day. That's still blazing for his size, but not Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss type freakish speed. But at 6'5" with a 43" vertical, he'd be hard to defend.

From Newport News, VA. Went to Morgan State. He needs a role model and may not have the right attitude to be a pro.

#83 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Seems like he could at least be effective in the redzone. Hope it works out.

#84 captfluoro

captfluoro

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationHuntersville, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

The only thing that stands out to me is his height. According to these reports he ran a 4.45-4.56, has "shaky hands" in one report, and seems like a bit of a head case. I'm guessing there are many reasons why he had a mediocre career in a small college and is currently on the practice squad and not on a team's roster. It would be great if the light went on for him and he turned out to be a contributor but I'm not going to bet on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users