Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PSA: Snopes it before you post it

20 posts in this topic

Posted

The comment was more along the lines of comparing blunt objects to AR-15 style rifles.

And no I am not saying that is correct, I haven't looked it up.

Posted

Facebook is far and away worse than the Huddle. 95% of poo I see on Facebook is utter stupidity and people continue to share away...

Posted

I got no problem with snopes... but let me ask you WHO THE FRIG CAN VERIFY THEY ARE RIGHT PSSH INTERNET SNOPING IS BELIEVING! L O L I dont believe half the junk you see on here. Isn't snopes.com owner someone tied up in media / politics that makes their "debunking" of issues sensitive to them very suspect.

If snoping convinces you well then to each his own.

I bet if it supported most of the stuff you want to believe is true you'd have no qualms about it.

Posted

I bet your wrong. I go into most of the sources I even use on here for my arguments doubting the validity just as much as I doubt yours. The truth is most articles you see are half truths or skewered by stats that support each sides view. To not admit this is folly

Posted

I bet your wrong. I go into most of the sources I even use on here for my arguments doubting the validity just as much as I doubt yours. The truth is most articles you see are half truths or skewered by stats that support each sides view. To not admit this is folly

i'll grant you that, allying oneself to a singular source of information is a setup for disaster. keep in mind, though, that everything snopes posts is itself verifiable from other outside sources if you're willing to do the legwork. i've found it to be pretty reliable thus far.

Posted

I got no problem with snopes... but let me ask you WHO THE FRIG CAN VERIFY THEY ARE RIGHT PSSH INTERNET SNOPING IS BELIEVING! L O L I dont believe half the junk you see on here. Isn't snopes.com owner someone tied up in media / politics that makes their "debunking" of issues sensitive to them very suspect.

"Isn't snopes tied up with media/politics?"

No.

Posted

Very interesting. It's a shame you won't use this same thought process on bronze age mythology instead of on "debunking of issues."

Posted

I do find it interesting that the number of gun deaths in the 70's over a four year stretch was more than a similar four year stretch from 2002-2006.