Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potential Compensatory Picks:

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]This is a fairly accurate projecton, I lost the link I got it from and in a hurry right now but I will post it later, But here they are: [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]3rd round- Houston (1) [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]4th round- Oakland (1), Baltimore (1), Green Bay (1), Detroit (1) [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]5th round- Atlants (1), Baltimore (1), San Fransico (1) [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]6th round- Baltimore* (2), [b]Carolina (2)[/b], Houston (3), Oakland (3), Miami (1) [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]7th round- Arizona, Atlanta, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Miami, Tennesse, Pittsburg all get 1 and Philly and KC both get 2 [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]* Baltimore should have recived a 4th, 5th, 6th and 2 7th, but since a team can only recieve 4 picks, the NFL adds the 2 7ths and makes them 1 6th. [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(239, 239, 239)]Heres the link with explanations [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/"]http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/[/url][/quote]

Two additional six rounders.. Not bad!
Who would they have been for?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Shockey and Dan Connor or Travelle Wharton?

Posted · Report post

The floating up one position with those we are tied with each round I understand...all of this other poo, I don't understand.

I hope Gettleman has a guy for this. I like 2 additional sixers especially now that we have the Godfather in control.

Posted · Report post

Hope we draft 2 more Greg Hardys.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Good we're gonna need roster spots filled. And cheaply.

Posted · Report post

My guess would be wharton and connor

Posted · Report post

Not bad at all. I'm surprised.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rscott94' timestamp='1358313086' post='2099200']
Shockey and Dan Connor or Travelle Wharton?
[/quote]

Yea probably Wharton and Connor. Shockey didn't play for anyone else and I'm pretty sure the contract and/or playing time the lost FA gets from another team decides comp picks.

Posted · Report post

Robert McClain & Dan Connor

Wharton was injured all season
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Marguide' timestamp='1358314443' post='2099222']
Not bad at all. I'm surprised.
[/quote]

I'm not terribly surprised. I figured we'd get one for Connor. I'm a little surprised if one of them is for Wharton. Didn't he go to IR in the preseason? I dunno, but two extra 6ths will come in handy. A kicker and some OL depth with those two picks please :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kahakai' timestamp='1358314727' post='2099225']
Robert McClain & Dan Connor

Wharton was injured all season
[/quote]

Ah, good call on McClain. He's done pretty well in Atl.

Posted · Report post

I think it is based strictly on the size of the contract. Wharton going to IR should not have any impact on it.

Edit: I may have spoken too soon. The salary/contract is the primary factor, but at least 1 site says playing time is also part of the formula.