23 replies to this topic

#16 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I'm on an iPad so I can't copy and paste the whole thing (or don't know how to if it is possible) but wiki says the formula is based on salary, playing time and postseason honors with salary being the primary factor.

Yeah, I saw that and had just edited my post. Your search probably turned up the same two sources (Wiki and About.com) so I'm not sure how much stock to put in the info. Apparently, compensatories are one of those super secret NFL formulas.

#17 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Nice. One will be our new kicker, the other hopefully at least a solid ST contributor, but there's always the chance of landing another Greg Hardy.

#18 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yea, wiki is far from infallible but it's probably as good of info as we're gonna get for stuff like that :)

#19 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yea probably Wharton and Connor. Shockey didn't play for anyone else and I'm pretty sure the contract and/or playing time the lost FA gets from another team decides comp picks.

True.. He was the first big loss I thought about so that's why I put him there. My bad

#20 Man Strength

Man Strength

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Wharton was cut. I thought these only were rewarded for free agent defections. Connor is definitely one. Could Bernadeau or Schwartz be the other? They both got decent contracts elsewhere

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,519 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

With Gettleman pulling the trigger. I feel really good to have two extra shots in the late rounds.

#22 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Wharton was cut. I thought these only were rewarded for free agent defections. Connor is definitely one. Could Bernadeau or Schwartz be the other? They both got decent contracts elsewhere

Good point about Wharton. They are indeed only given for players lost to FA.

#23 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Many people shrug off 6th and 7th rd picks, but a smart GM finds some sleepers in this spot and this is why I love the Gettleman hire. He seems to recognize talent.

#24 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

You're right. If you read the article it states that Wharton was one of the 6th rounders. However, Wharton was cut and will not count. So it should only be 1. Bernadeau and Schwartz were canceled out by the guys we signed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.