• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#196 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

so if scientists could trace the dispersion of peoples to, say, the american continents before ~7000 ya and prove that they were linguistically adroit it would kind of blow your literalism wide open, no?

Remember what I said about projections based on today? This is what they estimate on. You would say the universe would blow up my literalism, but I've talk about the limits of science. Yet the spreading of nations, plate tectonics and all that bit about the earth, there's a history written in Genesis that is very similar. I think Genesis has more information that current science doesn't have.

#197 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

"science" doesn't "have" anything be ause science is a process not an entity

#198 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what happens when two people "letting the bible interpret the bible" come up with two completely different interpretations?

Finally with this point, because I know you're tired of discussing with me, we shouldn't come up with different interpretations concerning the history that is talked about in the Bible. There are plenty of Christians who say there is no evidence for Genesis happening, so lets just say Genesis is poetry. Saying it is poetry is putting in your thoughts, yet the Bible clearly operates on Genesis being literal history. Forget whether it's true or not, that is a different subject. How to interpret it is clear.

#199 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

"science" doesn't "have" anything be ause science is a process not an entity

thanks for again ignoring my questions

And you ignore the limitations of science. You ignore what I said about Genesis, and what it's talking on. Why at face value, science would reject it.

#200 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

And you ignore the limitations of science. You ignore what I said about Genesis, and what it's talking on. Why at face value, science would reject it.

Yet you want to go to Isreal to test your theories on Genesis SCIENTIFICALLY?

This is the disconnect. You dismiss anything that can be proven by Science today but then try to justify obvious "plot holes" in Genesis with psuedo-theological science: "The first humas had DNA of many nations" to justify the incest required to populate the earth contridicting God's laws. Or you would understand if you were with God..

What year are you at Bob Jones University?

#201 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Yet you want to go to Isreal to test your theories on Genesis SCIENTIFICALLY?

This is the disconnect. You dismiss anything that can be proven by Science today but then try to justify obvious "plot holes" in Genesis with psuedo-theological science: "The first humas had DNA of many nations" to justify the incest required to populate the earth contridicting God's laws. Or you would understand if you were with God..

What year are you at Bob Jones University?

Don't get me wrong, I haven't dismissed science. I haven't put away all the things mentioned (plate tectonics, the spreading of people, evolution). I'm saying not only does Genesis mention those things, but it mentions them from the perspective of the beginning. Whereas science is trying to paint a picture of the past, from the present. I've shown in my posts how limiting that is.

Now for the sake of my argument. Lets forget all of this for a second, forget the Bible. Let's say we happen to find a book that has the absolute truth of the history of the universe. Do you think our science would agree with that book? (Again for the sake of the argument, we all agree this book is true)

#202 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Now for the sake of my argument. Lets forget all of this for a second, forget the Bible. Let's say we happen to find a book that has the absolute truth of the history of the universe. Do you think our science would agree with that book? (Again for the sake of the argument, we all agree this book is true)

this is not an answerable question with the information you have provided

and please stop assigning agency to science as though it "agrees" with something. you are demonstrating an incredible lack of understanding as to what science is, and it's a fundamental error that matriculates through everything you post about the subject.

honest question... what is your educational background on these things? do you attend a university anywhere? what kinds of classes have you taken?

#203 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

this is not an answerable question with the information you have provided

and please stop assigning agency to science as though it "agrees" with something. you are demonstrating an incredible lack of understanding as to what science is, and it's a fundamental error that matriculates through everything you post about the subject.

honest question... what is your educational background on these things? do you attend a university anywhere? what kinds of classes have you taken?

At the moment I don't attend any university, but I may go back once the money is right. Right now I'm studying on my own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com