Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Article on Jerry Richardson's Succession Plans

132 posts in this topic

Posted

I wish Jerry could somehow sell the team to the public like Green Bay. It's impossible now thought because it's against NFL rules (and maybe state law).

But I would pay quite a bit to own a small, small portion of the team even if i never got any "return" on it. I'd feel like it was my team even more. I'd frame that 1 stock share and put it over my fireplace.

I've alwasy said Jerry dying is the biggest thing that scares me as a Panther fan becuase despite what people think about him we could really end up with a bad owner and really become a Begals or Jets team.

Posted

Any other Carolina big wigs you think would step up to the plate at that point?

It'd be entertaining, that's for sure.

vince-mcmahon.jpg

Posted

Talks of a state tax in the future too.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/local/Take-Hike-To-Benefit-Panthers-Lacks-Transparency-187063291.html

"The Panthers team also plans to ask the state for additional renovation money. The total cost of the stadium deal could top $200 million."

I am not opposed. There are a ton of bandwagon and transplant fans across the state, and maybe they'd finally embrace the team if they have to help pay for it. I'd like to see them ask SC for some money too.

Posted

I pray that our next owner is someone not from NC. The whole "it must be a local" philosophy is a big reason Charlotte sports sucks. We keep giving our trust to local big wigs who care more about making money off their people than giving them a winner. Keeping it in the family has only led to losing.

Posted

Any other Carolina big wigs you think would step up to the plate at that point?

Vince McMahon went to ECU

Posted

I hope Jerry doesn't die for a really long time so we won't have to deal with this. I really don't know what I'd do if the team I've loved since the 5th grade suddenly moved to a new city.

Posted

I hope Jerry doesn't die for a really long time so we won't have to deal with this. I really don't know what I'd do if the team I've loved since the 5th grade suddenly moved to a new city.

Hopefully, but with him being really old and having a transplanted heart. His odds really aren't good five-seven years from now.

Posted

He was the first guy I thought of... Him and the NASCAR guys, but idk if I'd like that.

As long as it's not dumbass Bruton Smith

Posted

Don't worry about that happening. If it does, a few years down the road, some new billionaire will bring in a new team and name it after himself....maybe he'll call it the "Tomcats" or maybe the "Dickcats", I don't know. Either way, there is no way that could go wrong.

Posted

New Mexico Panthers has a nice ring to it :D

I hope the Big Cat keeps going for a long time I just can't see the Panthers in some other state even in my own.

I would still support them but it would feel like I had lost something.

Posted

Jordan would be a fine owner but i dont the he has the capital to run a football team and a basketball team. He had to put a group together to help by the bobcats. The only way jordan gets involved is with an ownership group as a minority owner.

Posted

I'm not worried about this. A team will be in NC and SC for years. No worry about our beloved Panthers moving.