• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#91 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

The hatred of JR by some of our "fans" is unreal. If you don't want to be "shaken down" it's simple, go outside of Mecklenburg County for your prepared food, or else head to Harris Teeter buy it and cook it yourself.

I don't hate him as a person. I hate him as an owner of a team that I cheer for. Sorry I dont want a tax increase to renovate a billionaires private business.

If every person who attended the games would pay $35 more per ticket for 5 years he would get his $125M....you are using the escalators and jumbotrons you pay for them. And when I buy a ticket I will pay for them as well.

#92 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

No it doesn't. If the salaries were guaranteed you might have a leg to stand on but they are not.

Salary does not equal cap hit.

Thanks for playing though

You are so goddamn ignorant, it's a wonder you can form polysyllabic words. If you paid the slightest bit of attention to the GIANT signing bonuses Hurney was fond of handing out, those signing bonuses are fully guaranteed, even if a player is cut. When we have to cut contracts to get back under the salary cap every season then it's obvious we are paying out close to the salary cap in the season prior, otherwise there wouldn't be a need. But when you frontload contracts with huge guaranteed money like we did for so long, then you end up over the salary cap year after year.

#93 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I don't hate him as a person. I hate him as an owner of a team that I cheer for. Sorry I dont want a tax increase to renovate a billionaires private business.

If every person who attended the games would pay $35 more per ticket for 5 years he would get his $125M....you are using the escalators and jumbotrons you pay for them. And when I buy a ticket I will pay for them as well.

$35 a ticket? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F*CKING MIND?!?!?! You're basically guaranteeing a price hike of $140 per family of four per game and expect that it wouldn't turn fans away in droves. You are an imbecile.

#94 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

You are so goddamn ignorant, it's a wonder you can form polysyllabic words. If you paid the slightest bit of attention to the GIANT signing bonuses Hurney was fond of handing out, those signing bonuses are fully guaranteed, even if a player is cut. When we have to cut contracts to get back under the salary cap every season then it's obvious we are paying out close to the salary cap in the season prior, otherwise there wouldn't be a need. But when you frontload contracts with huge guaranteed money like we did for so long, then you end up over the salary cap year after year.

still wrong about how salary caps work

#95 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Salary cap is a fixed cost. How much extra has he spent on coaches? Scouting? Dude kept his flukey Hurney as GM for how long? He's el cheapo and runs his business as such. You guys get defensive cuz you know he sucks. The best thing you can say was "he got us a team". Losing is his culture.

The coach and scouting department architecture is all GM relegated. The FO structure was different under Polian and different again under Seifert, and changed again under Hurney. It will change again, over time, with Gettleman.

You're just talking out of your ass.

#96 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

$35 a ticket? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F*CKING MIND?!?!?! You're basically guaranteeing a price hike of $140 per family of four per game and expect that it wouldn't turn fans away in droves. You are an imbecile.

Yeah...charging the people who use the stadium for renovations instead of tax payers. I am clearly out of my mind. Thats preposterous.

Perhaps if he fielded a winning team more than 4 times out of 18 those increases would be more palatble

#97 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Panthro they are not taxing your house. They are taxing the imbreds from the "upstate" and Cabarrus county that go to the Buffalo Wild Wings next to the NascarHOF

Panthro they are not taxing your house. They are taxing the inbreds from the "upstate" and Cabarrus county that go to the Buffalo Wild Wings next to the NascarHOF

#98 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yeah...charging the people who use the stadium for renovations instead of tax payers. I am clearly out of my mind. Thats preposterous.

Tax payers(with a prepared food and beverage tax only) are taking the burden because all Charlotte tax payers benefit from the Panthers being a part of Charlotte, whether they watch the team or not.

#99 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

The same analogy can be given to public education....I don't have kids in CMS but we continue to hear "more tax payer money for teachers salaries". I could easily say, if you don't make enough teaching find another vocation, but common sense dictates that educating our kids is for the public good. An NFL franchise can reap economic benefits for a region. Despite what naysayers and polls show, no city wants to lose an NFL franchise.

#100 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Tax payers are taking the burden because all Charlotte tax payers benefit from the Panthers being a part of Charlotte, whether they watch the team or not.

I say the Panthers benefit from being in Charlotte more so than Charlotte benefits from the Panthers.

#101 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

still wrong about how salary caps work

No, I'm not. If you're so magnificently well-informed, explain how we end up well over the salary cap if we're not spending the money.

For the record, it's easy to determine how much a team actually spends per year, based on how much cap space carryover they take into the next season. Considering we have around $3 million total, that means our outlays were $117 million this season. Cheap my ass.

#102 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Panthro they are not taxing your house. They are taxing the imbreds from the "upstate" and Cabarrus county that go to the Buffalo Wild Wings next to the NascarHOF

So everyone that goes to BWW is guilty of incest?

#103 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

I say the Panthers benefit from being in Charlotte more so than Charlotte benefits from the Panthers.

And you would be wrong. The economic footprint provided to local business on game days as well as the socio-economic benefit to the city of having a professional football team as it relates to business growth and real estate sales. You could go on and on, but an NFL team provides the city and surrounding businesses with millions upon millions of dollars of revenue that the team doesn't directly see.

#104 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

So everyone that goes to BWW is guilty of incest?

No, but you ARE guilty of bad taste in restaurants.

#105 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

No, I'm not. If you're so magnificently well-informed, explain how we end up well over the salary cap if we're not spending the money.

For the record, it's easy to determine how much a team actually spends per year, based on how much cap space carryover they take into the next season. Considering we have around $3 million total, that means our outlays were $117 million this season. Cheap my ass.

I never said he is not spending money. I am saying that the salary cap in no way reflects the amount of money being spent on a salaries in a given year.

The only amount Jerry is required to pay is the guaranteed amount which is prorated over the length of the contract.

Just because someone signs a $100M contract does not mean he is guaranteed to be paid $100M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com