32 replies to this topic

#16 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,923 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

shooting massacre, whatever you want to call it. it's not hard to prove as opposed to one isolated incident where the cop's just trying to cover for himself.

#17 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Dumbest thing Ive heard is the governor of New York State proposing a buffer of 1000 foot no gun zones around all schools.

I'm sure that would stop a crazy person hell bent on a shooting spree.

#18 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Americans should be thankful for the nra. thier prime objective is to maintain every americans right to defend themselves. While having americas crap shoveled in thier faces they maintain thier course. The rest of us could learn something from thier persaverance. Read the history of the group and its founding and you might be surprised to find they formed in opposition to the kkk, and the lack of rights in the african american communities after the civil war. While americans fall for propagandist tactics from the media they maintain thier integrity. Another lesson for many to learn.

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Americans should be thankful for the nra. thier prime objective is to maintain every americans right to defend themselves. While having americas crap shoveled in thier faces they maintain thier course. The rest of us could learn something from thier persaverance. Read the history of the group and its founding and you might be surprised to find they formed in opposition to the kkk, and the lack of rights in the african american communities after the civil war. While americans fall for propagandist tactics from the media they maintain thier integrity. Another lesson for many to learn.

that isn't why they formed. They were formed by yankee infantrymen (and lead by Burnside) who were pissed because northerners were being outshot by southerners... The NRA long supported gun control measures during prohibition...They also were ardent supporters of gun control as soon as the Black Panthers armed themselves. Now, they are little more than a lobbying branch of the weapons industry... and are largely financed as such.

#20 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I don't belittle people with opposing thought processes. I belittle people with what I believe to be incorrect thought processes

Fixed this for you.

#21 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Fixed this for you.

Nah you didnt. I'm pretty selective with my belittling.

#22 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Emotion vs Emotion

NRA fighting fire with fire. Common sense the big loser and nothing concrete accomplished by Obama but driving wedge deeper in the country. Kids no safer at the end of the day.

But, hey, it's how he got elected. Results do not matter at the end of the day, only "intentions"

#23 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,154 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

hoo boy so the NRA is just a collection of do-gooders who want to arm everyone for their own protection and the whole "lobbying arm of the weapons industry" charge is just media slander.

by the way, do you admire planned parenthood, the NAACP, and the ACLU? those organizations have persevered through a tremendous amount of lies, misinformation, scapegoating, and other dirty political tactics from their enemies as well.

#24 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,154 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Emotion vs Emotion

NRA fighting fire with fire. Common sense the big loser and nothing concrete accomplished by Obama but driving wedge deeper in the country. Kids no safer at the end of the day.

But, hey, it's how he got elected. Results do not matter at the end of the day, only "intentions"

i try not to deal in absolutes or engage in name calling.

but you are an idiot if you think "well the children of the leader of the free world get armed protection but obummer wants to grab your guns (not true) so how is that fair?" is a legitimate point.

#25 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Insults surey hurt coming from you.

Obama has been surrounding himselves with kids to fight this media war. NRA stooping to his level.

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Obama has been surrounding himselves with kids to fight this media war. NRA stooping to his level.

It's true, the NRA has been the very definition of inclusive, intelligent discussion about guns for the last 10 years.

Dear Mr. Washington,
I was outraged when, even in the wake of the Oklahoma City tragedy, Mr. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of N.R.A., defended his attack on federal agents as "jack-booted thugs." To attack Secret Service agents or A.T.F. people or any government law enforcement people as "wearing Nazi bucket helmets and black storm trooper uniforms" wanting to "attack law abiding citizens" is a vicious slander on good people.
Al Whicher, who served on my [ United States Secret Service ] detail when I was Vice President and President, was killed in Oklahoma City. He was no Nazi. He was a kind man, a loving parent, a man dedicated to serving his country -- and serve it well he did.
In 1993, I attended the wake for A.T.F. agent Steve Willis, another dedicated officer who did his duty. I can assure you that this honorable man, killed by weird cultists, was no Nazi.
Posted Image

John Magaw, who used to head the U.S.S.S. and now heads A.T.F., is one of the most principled, decent men I have ever known. He would be the last to condone the kind of illegal behavior your ugly letter charges. The same is true for the F.B.I.'s able Director Louis Freeh. I appointed Mr. Freeh to the Federal Bench. His integrity and honor are beyond question.
Both John Magaw and Judge Freeh were in office when I was President. They both now serve in the current administration. They both have badges. Neither of them would ever give the government's "go ahead to harass, intimidate, even murder law abiding citizens." (Your words)
I am a gun owner and an avid hunter. Over the years I have agreed with most of N.R.A.'s objectives, particularly your educational and training efforts, and your fundamental stance in favor of owning guns.
However, your broadside against Federal agents deeply offends my own sense of decency and honor; and it offends my concept of service to country. It indirectly slanders a wide array of government law enforcement officials, who are out there, day and night, laying their lives on the line for all of us.
You have not repudiated Mr. LaPierre's unwarranted attack. Therefore, I resign as a Life Member of N.R.A., said resignation to be effective upon your receipt of this letter. Please remove my name from your membership list. Sincerely, [ signed ] George Bush

#27 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,154 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

do you also think it's hypocritical when republican politicians rail against gubmint healthcare but receive it themselves for life

or the fact that you can't purchase and fly a harrier jet but the military gets to

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

you're rambling now

#29 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,154 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

you're rambling now

it's the same concept.

"stooping to his level" or not doesn't make it a good argument.

#30 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,525 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Huddle liberals , preaching acceptance and understanding by belittling people with opposing thought processes...

do you find anything logically lacking in this graphic that accurately encompasses the argument the OP was belittling?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com