Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hepcat

Did Gettleman drop any hints about the draft at his press conference?

24 posts in this topic

he hasn't even had a chance to look at the roster.

no hints. nothing to know. lot's of stuff is going to happen before draft day.

any mocks that are done, esp. at this point in time, are ridiculous.

we don't know what he sees or doesn't see on this roster. we don't know what moves he's going to make prior to the draft. we don't know his tendencies. we know essentially nothing, which is barely more than he knows at this point in time.

Picking at 14 doesn't give us any idea that he will go OL. There may not be one left that has enough value.

yep. at that point you just take BPA and be glad about it because those guys who drafted for need will have left some top talent on the table.

gettleman appears to me to be an opportunist. you take advantage of what narrow-minded people ahead of you leaves behind and walk away with more value and talent.

I don't think Warmack will be available at #14, I'm starting to get the feeling he wont fall past Tennessee at #10. Before you go on about Hutchinson going #17 rada rada, look at the history of Bud Adams drafting guards. Bruce Matthews in 1983 went #9 and Mike Munchak went #8 in 1982. Yes, that's ancient history, but doesn't it just seem like the perfect storm of hype and need?

Who's the head coach? Mike Munchak

What's arguably their biggest area of need? Guard, opening up holes for that guy Chris Johnson they gave a big contract to.

Warmack sucks? Everyone has their opinion.

Cam holds onto the ball too long. He needs to learn to throw it away more. That is one of the reasons he gets hit so much in addition to needing an o line up grade.

his pocket awareness and decision making was much faster and more refined over the second half of the season. you can forget about that as a major problem moving forward.

I just hope he goes bpa at LB or RB.

1 person likes this

picking 14 on 4/25...the press conference was on the 15th...

4/25=.16

The numbers 16, 15, 14...(#13?) It's all code

I've got it, we're picking Johnthan Banks #13 out of Miss St.

1 person likes this

This early, there are no hints to drop.

You can glean some general info about his philosophy, but we're a long way from having a draft board.

Yea I think he was referring to his philosophic views versus his draft preference for this year.That could indeed turn in to one in the same but I would think we need to get a feel who on the team goes and who stays from a cap perspective.

Cam holds onto the ball too long. He needs to learn to throw it away more. That is one of the reasons he gets hit so much in addition to needing an o line up grade.

U clearly haven't been watching the play- offs. Talk about QBs holding unto the ball to long.

And, maybe there is a direct correlation between receivers not getting open fast enough and holding the ball to long as u put it.

Dion Jordan in the first, Oline in the second. If he follows the Giants philosophy. You can never have enough pass rushers. And before any of you say hes a 3-4 olb, many have said with a little added weight he could be a beast of a 4-3 defensive end. And I agree.

Yes with many other glaring holes that need to be fixed we can afford a luxury Pick at DE especially when he wouldn't even start as we already have very solid depth with Johnson Hardy and Alexander.