Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gun Control: It's about time

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Now on what Congress was tasked to do.

– require universal background checks (background checks on anyone who would buy a gun, whether in stores or at auctions and conventions)

I would agree on handguns and AR style rifles, perhaps even everygun, it's something I wouldn't like, but I could live with.

– restore a ban on "military-style assault weapons"

– ban gun magazines with capacities of more than 10 rounds

This is for show and pointless IMO. I also feel it infringes on the 2nd amendment, at least in the interpretation I feel is correct. An 870 Remmington holds 8 (I think, or is it 6) in the tube, if the Colorado Theater guy had used this he would have killed many more people. Banning AR rifles is mostly a political show.

– tougher penalties on people who sell guns to people who aren't allowed to have guns

Agree 100000% No Brainer.

Posted

I am pleased he didn't do something extreme with executive orders.

Did you fall for the fear mongering?

Posted

anti-depressants? srs question

Among others.

I have heard/read ADHD meds can have serious side effects as well.

Posted

Did you fall for the fear mongering?

I have little faith in the Government since GWB2 landed on an Aircraft carrier like a fugtard and said "mission acomplished" to a series of wars that are on going.

Posted

anti-depressants? srs question

yep. everyone from columbine to sandy hook.

Posted

yep. everyone from columbine to sandy hook.

>_>

<_<

uh-oh

Posted

Its bullshit. IDC what anyone says, this is violating the 2nd amendment to the constitution. Its like the old days back in Elementary school, one kid fugs up and the whole class cant go outside for recess for the day. What about the people who don't bring guns into movie theaters or schools?

Sandy Hook in fact could be a hoax, scare the people from themselves. If you think it is absolutely insane to think that innocent kids could be used as sacrificial lambs to push political agendas, think again. Not saying that's what I believe but I believe there is more to it than what we see from the media, which is whatever they want us to see.

Don't forget the start of 2013 not only was the start to a new year, but a NEW age.

there's your problem. when you don't actually care about facts or logic and still stick to your conspiracy theories, you're likely one of the mentally ill people this is all about.

Posted

In the end the main battle will be on the clips and background checks on person to person sales/transfers. The latter will be nearly impossible to enforce so it will all be about the clips.

Posted

Honestly, I'm underwhelmed... I expected more, particularly given the show that's been made of it all from everyone involved...

1 person likes this

Posted

there's your problem. when you don't actually care about facts or logic and still stick to your conspiracy theories, you're likely one of the mentally ill people this is all about.

I care what people say, ok. I watched the Obama speech earlier on guns. To say I don't care is out of the way. On some things I agreed with Obama on. The background checks and tougher penalties for the people who are illegally selling guns make sense. I don't have a problem with that and I hope congress passes those.

BUT as far as the minimizing of magazines to 10 shots a go around? and the banning of assault weapons? Going to far. Look up some FPS Russia on YouTube...ironically the guy that did all the behind the scenes stuff for the guy who actually shot the guns in the videos was ruled dead on a homicide, gun wound to the head. Dude lives in Georgia. So while he was making highly entertaining, seemingly harmless videos of cool guns...well, now the law is going to say he cant.

Posted

now where will I get my youtube thrills? :(

Posted

Shockingly my Facebook wall is aflame with anti Obama messages and memes. I wonder how many people actually took the time to do what Kurb did and ACTUALLY READ IT? Very few apparently.