Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Gun Control: It's about time

116 posts in this topic

Yeah, this is totally it. Not that your idea is completely ludicrous and unrealistic. Not mention the fact that it's placing blame on an original victim and creating an unequal legal playing field that is beyond their own personal control - IE being able to control what someone does with your property after they have stolen it.

Here's an idea: prevent it from being stolen, then you don't worry about it.

Shockingly my Facebook wall is aflame with anti Obama messages and memes. I wonder how many people actually took the time to do what Kurb did and ACTUALLY READ IT? Very few apparently.

I actually made it my priority to stay away from the subject today of FB. Instead focusing on my little girl receiving her terrific kid award at school, and a nice pic of a backwoods redneck that was sad because "his gf dumped him, but was glad they could still be cousins" lol

Also Ms Panthersfan said to please give it a rest. I listened.

Nothing negative to say about the events of today.

Do you agree with charging everyone with a stolen weapon with an equal charge, regardless of what the weapon is used for?

Of course this ignores the fact that there is literally NO WAY to 100% prevent something from being stolen.

Do you agree with charging everyone with a stolen weapon with an equal charge, regardless of what the weapon is used for?

Of course this ignores the fact that there is literally NO WAY to 100% prevent something from being stolen.

There is no way to 100% prevent it from being stolen, and that's something people will have to consider when they decide to make that purchase. There are already many other things there is no way to 100% prevent about guns.

And sure, charge everyone with a stolen gun with an equal charge. But make it a good one.

I don't have to worry about bc it will never fuging happen. You're in lala land dude.

And kudos to the mod that gave me that avatar.

But Im not Hispanic. At least give me a cowboy hat.

I don't have to worry about bc it will never fuging happen. You're in lala land dude.

don't underestimate my influence on gun law

There is no way to 100% prevent it from being stolen, and that's something people will have to consider when they decide to make that purchase. There are already many other things there is no way to 100% prevent about guns.

And sure, charge everyone with a stolen gun with an equal charge. But make it a good one.

And how, pray tell, do you play on enforcing this, let alone getting anyone to report a gun theft if they are damning themselves to years in prison?

So again, back to my original point. Why only do this for firearms, and not anything that is dangerous?Like people who steal chemicals to make bombs, or the ingredients to make meth.

Should a farmers supply be charged with aiding domestic terrorism if somebody breaks in and steals crate loads of certain fertilizers and uses it to blow up a school?

I will take his non-response to my question as an indicator that he understands that these measures today will prvent absolutely nothing.

It's only to make people feel good. We did something!! And then the politicians can capitalize on it as well...the whole don't ever waste a crisis thing.

When in realtiy nothing was done but hinder law abiding citizens and drive the price of guns and ammo up.

A burglar hit the home of a Denver police officer and stole all kinds of police equipment including guns, tactical gear and badges.

The break-in happened Tuesday in southwest Denver. Police want the gear back as soon as possible.

But a local gun shop owner says it will be hard for the thief or thieves to make any money pawning police equipment.

“What we do is take the gun in,” says Bob Kiggins of the Gunsmoke Gun Shop. He would say, “let me take this in the back.” Then, “[i would] get on the phone, call the cops–the cops come take this guy in and take the gun away.” That’s how that works.”

Police are especially worried that someone could use the equipment to outfit themselves in just the right fashion, and use the gear to impersonate a police officer.

http://kwgn.com/2013/01/09/burglars-steal-guns-tactical-gear-badges-from-police-officers-home/

I hope this piggy gets life in prison for allowing himself to be burglarized.

Lol I racked up 120 7.62x54 ammo in 2 days. Good poo.

A former Clarendon Hills police officer has been charged with stealing guns obtained through a police department weapons turn-in program in 2007.

Daniel M. Ryan, 48, of Westmont, turned himself in Friday morning to the DuPage County Sheriff’s office. He posted 10 percent of a $30,000 bond set by Judge Robert Kleeman, according to a release from the DuPage County State’s Attorney’s office.

He will appear in court next on June 14 before Judge Daniel Guerin to face two counts of aggravated possession of a stolen firearm, five counts of unlawful possession of a stolen firearm, one count of theft and three counts of official misconduct, according to the release. All the charges are felonies.

Authorities were led to Ryan after the state’s attorney’s office received an anonymous tip in February and worked with the FBI to investigate the disappearance of guns from the Clarendon Hills Police Department evidence room.

Ryan was charged with stealing five weapons: a World War II-era U.S. Army .45 caliber, a .22 caliber Short Butler, a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber Airlight Special, a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun and a Connecticut Valley Bobcat .50 caliber gun.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/5360582-418/former-police-officer-charged-with-stealing-guns-from-turn-in-program.html

Ohh even better. We can charge the whole fuging police department for letting one of their own steal guns. See, this cop steals guns from the police station so now we can charge the city and throw them all into jail for life since they allowed themselves to be burglarized.