Photo
- - - - -

Gun Control: It's about time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
115 replies to this topic

#25 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I don't really understand why a normal citizen needs magazine to hold more bullets than that. If you are hunting, you're not going to use your all your bullets, if you miss, the animal is probably gone anyway. If someone breaks into your home, and if you can't hit them with that many bullets, you probably should have a gun in the first place.

Or are people wanting more bullets so they can try to shoot down choppers, drones, and jets in case our own military tries to take us over? Not sure that'll work well.

#26 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Shockingly my Facebook wall is aflame with anti Obama messages and memes. I wonder how many people actually took the time to do what Kurb did and ACTUALLY READ IT? Very few apparently.

the memes and stuff were going to happen whether they read it or not. people think that any regulations on guns= unconstitutional.

#27 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

the memes and stuff were going to happen whether they read it or not. people think that any regulations on guns= unconstitutional.

True. It just gets old. People on both sides rant and then do the same things they accuse the other side of doing.

#28 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I don't really understand why a normal citizen needs magazine to hold more bullets than that. If you are hunting, you're not going to use your all your bullets, if you miss, the animal is probably gone anyway. If someone breaks into your home, and if you can't hit them with that many bullets, you probably should have a gun in the first place.

Or are people wanting more bullets so they can try to shoot down choppers, drones, and jets in case our own military tries to take us over? Not sure that'll work well.

During an active shooting your accuracy drops significantly. Your adrenaline kicks in, heart rate increases, and you get "tunnel vision". That is the reason many times you hear police firing 50 plus times but only being on target 5-6. More rounds equals better chance of hitting your target.

#29 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

You can say the assault rifles are just "show" but there's a mentality that goes with it buying them as well.

And then there's Mexico:

http://blog.diegoval...weapon-ban.html

#30 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Show

#31 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

And sink to the bottom with the submarines.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm entirely too distracted by the chick in Kurb's sig to even comprehend what is going on in this thread. If you look at how many more handgun related deaths there are it's pretty obvious something needs to be done with them as well, It's not just the assault weapons. As for guns if they gov't lets me keep what I have to hunt and protect my home that's where they'll stay. I don't like handguns, never have. The likelihood of accidental discharge with one is higher than a rifle or shotgun not to mention the novice isn't as accurate with a handgun as they would be with a long gun. This could lead to more accidental shootings or shooting of innocent bystanders.

#32 catfang

catfang

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I don't have any problem with the EOs or the tasks he has sent to Congress. Most of the EOs seem to be "lets study this" or "lets form a commission" which isn't surprising. I think the AW ban and the magazine limits will most certainly pass the Senate and eventually the House.

#33 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

You can say the assault rifles are just "show" but there's a mentality that goes with it buying them as well.

And then there's Mexico:

http://blog.diegoval...weapon-ban.html

Posted Image

Mindset for that one , which isn't an assault rifle but don't let that stop your usual routine, is to shoot varmints and such that cause issues on ranches and Hunting in general.

You who Bitch and Moan with so so many crocodile tears when someone brings up anecdotal evidence, now want to say "If you are buying X you obviously have a certain mindset".

I'm honestly starting to think you have succeed in the best trolling ever and I have fallen for it so so badly.

Either way, from the comment section of your graphfest.

What your graphs show is that three events occurred more or less simultaneously: the AWB expired, drug war violence escalated, and the murder rate increased. You don't take any effort to tease apart the effects of the two possible causes for the murder rate, so we can't actually tell what effect anything has had.

and then from the author

And just to clarify, I'm not claiming that the expiration of the AWB was the only cause.

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm saying it's something to look at, not that I'm convinced that it is so.

#35 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

HUDDLER

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

seems to me all weapons are for some form of assault even bb guns. So you can throw that narrative out as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the gov does not have the right to infringe on any articles in our bill of rights. I don't want to see anyone get hurt child or not. But I'm not interested in surrendering any of my rights or future generations rights to the gov. the gov has an obligation to the people and the people have an obligation to the constitution. your rights come with heavy responsibilities as well. the responsibility of preserving those rights. people who really value freedom will behave as such. those who feel thier rights are a liscense to act out are fools and should never dictate the freedoms for the rest of us. the sooner americans realize this we will be able to move forward in a positive manner. Solve your problems independantly, throughout your own communities. That is how it is meant to be. Never thru gov intervention. We might as well appoint a king if thats the case.

#36 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

change your tampons.

When did conservatives steal the adjective "whiny" from liberals.