115 replies to this topic

#31 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm entirely too distracted by the chick in Kurb's sig to even comprehend what is going on in this thread. If you look at how many more handgun related deaths there are it's pretty obvious something needs to be done with them as well, It's not just the assault weapons. As for guns if they gov't lets me keep what I have to hunt and protect my home that's where they'll stay. I don't like handguns, never have. The likelihood of accidental discharge with one is higher than a rifle or shotgun not to mention the novice isn't as accurate with a handgun as they would be with a long gun. This could lead to more accidental shootings or shooting of innocent bystanders.

#32 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I don't have any problem with the EOs or the tasks he has sent to Congress. Most of the EOs seem to be "lets study this" or "lets form a commission" which isn't surprising. I think the AW ban and the magazine limits will most certainly pass the Senate and eventually the House.

#33 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

You can say the assault rifles are just "show" but there's a mentality that goes with it buying them as well.

And then there's Mexico:

http://blog.diegoval...weapon-ban.html

Posted Image

Mindset for that one , which isn't an assault rifle but don't let that stop your usual routine, is to shoot varmints and such that cause issues on ranches and Hunting in general.

You who Bitch and Moan with so so many crocodile tears when someone brings up anecdotal evidence, now want to say "If you are buying X you obviously have a certain mindset".

I'm honestly starting to think you have succeed in the best trolling ever and I have fallen for it so so badly.

Either way, from the comment section of your graphfest.

What your graphs show is that three events occurred more or less simultaneously: the AWB expired, drug war violence escalated, and the murder rate increased. You don't take any effort to tease apart the effects of the two possible causes for the murder rate, so we can't actually tell what effect anything has had.

and then from the author

And just to clarify, I'm not claiming that the expiration of the AWB was the only cause.

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,887 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm saying it's something to look at, not that I'm convinced that it is so.

#35 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

seems to me all weapons are for some form of assault even bb guns. So you can throw that narrative out as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the gov does not have the right to infringe on any articles in our bill of rights. I don't want to see anyone get hurt child or not. But I'm not interested in surrendering any of my rights or future generations rights to the gov. the gov has an obligation to the people and the people have an obligation to the constitution. your rights come with heavy responsibilities as well. the responsibility of preserving those rights. people who really value freedom will behave as such. those who feel thier rights are a liscense to act out are fools and should never dictate the freedoms for the rest of us. the sooner americans realize this we will be able to move forward in a positive manner. Solve your problems independantly, throughout your own communities. That is how it is meant to be. Never thru gov intervention. We might as well appoint a king if thats the case.

#36 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,271 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

change your tampons.

When did conservatives steal the adjective "whiny" from liberals.

#37 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

During an active shooting your accuracy drops significantly. Your adrenaline kicks in, heart rate increases, and you get "tunnel vision". That is the reason many times you hear police firing 50 plus times but only being on target 5-6. More rounds equals better chance of hitting your target.

Does that really compare with an intruder in your home? I understand police having a firefight with a criminal with a machine gun after a bank robbery, but needing that many bullets in your home? And big gun supporters want people to have guns in public to take down people like the movie theatre shooters, etc, but do we really want normal people getting tunnel vision and shooting 50 rounds in a crowded area? Like a mall, theatre, etc? And if a cop only hits 5-6 times out of 50, how small of a % will the hits be from a normal citizen?

I don't see the big deal on anything proposed, most people hating on it are doing it just for the sake of it. I expected more strict things to announced, but this, is pretty mild.

#38 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,887 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Solve your problems independantly, throughout your own communities. That is how it is meant to be. Never thru gov intervention.

You mean like, I dunno, Sharia law?

#39 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,456 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

You mean like, I dunno, Sharia law?

I think that he means something like I dunno, tougher penalties for violent crime offenders.

Like...maybe, if you commit an armed robbery for you not to be able to get out of jail in 3-5.

Like....maybe, if you illegally sell a firearm or posses one....like maybe....10 years no questions asked.

#40 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,086 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

I think that he means something like I dunno, tougher penalties for violent crime offenders.

Like...maybe, if you commit an armed robbery for you not to be able to get out of jail in 3-5.

Like....maybe, if you illegally sell a firearm or posses one....like maybe....10 years no questions asked.

No actually those are just your opinions

#41 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,852 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

All of my guns just disappeared. What the- OBAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *shakes fist*

#42 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,852 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Its bullshit. IDC what anyone says, this is violating the 2nd amendment to the constitution. Its like the old days back in Elementary school, one kid fugs up and the whole class cant go outside for recess for the day. What about the people who don't bring guns into movie theaters or schools?

Sandy Hook in fact could be a hoax, scare the people from themselves. If you think it is absolutely insane to think that innocent kids could be used as sacrificial lambs to push political agendas, think again. Not saying that's what I believe but I believe there is more to it than what we see from the media, which is whatever they want us to see.

Don't forget the start of 2013 not only was the start to a new year, but a NEW age.

Except in this case one kid fuged up and the other kids are dead but okay sure solid metaphor and stuff.

#43 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,189 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Does that really compare with an intruder in your home? I understand police having a firefight with a criminal with a machine gun after a bank robbery, but needing that many bullets in your home? And big gun supporters want people to have guns in public to take down people like the movie theatre shooters, etc, but do we really want normal people getting tunnel vision and shooting 50 rounds in a crowded area? Like a mall, theatre, etc? And if a cop only hits 5-6 times out of 50, how small of a % will the hits be from a normal citizen?

I don't see the big deal on anything proposed, most people hating on it are doing it just for the sake of it. I expected more strict things to announced, but this, is pretty mild.

Bad guys break the law. In your scenario the crook has a machine gun, whatever that is. That same bad guy can just as easily be standing in the doorway of your home with the intent to due harm. Good luck with your 6 shot revolver against a machine gun.

#44 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Bad guys break the law. In your scenario the crook has a machine gun, whatever that is. That same bad guy can just as easily be standing in the doorway of your home with the intent to due harm. Good luck with your 6 shot revolver against a machine gun.

weapons don't matter... intent to kill matters.

#45 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,975 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I notice he wants to fund a CDC study on violent images in media and video games, but no CDC study on the effects of the psychoactive prescription drugs almost every single school shooter is on.

Rodeo is an observant poster..kudos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.