#31 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Officially confirmed via Eagle's twitter.
Didn't see this coming.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Must have gotten a whiff that the NCAA was poised to kick Oregon's ass.

i think its more that the Eagles were scrambling mightily. And they gave him the king's throne in every sense of the word.

probably both.

eagles had crap to choose from, esp. compared to kelly's potential so they probably caved to whatever kelly wanted and oregon was going to have some issues of their own plus he didn't really have that great of a history with duck boosters (he didn't kiss their ass so they thought they could do better than the guy that gave them more wins than any other coach they've had).

eagles just looked more attractive than the ducks.

i think he'll do well there. they'll win the NFCE next year.

#33 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

If they keep Vick which now I think they will, the Eagles should have a dynamic offense. Get the man some offensive line help.

#34 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

This should be fun to watch.

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I hope he ends up successful and humiliates the Cowboys twice a year every year.

#36 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,527 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

probably both.

eagles had crap to choose from, esp. compared to kelly's potential so they probably caved to whatever kelly wanted and oregon was going to have some issues of their own plus he didn't really have that great of a history with duck boosters (he didn't kiss their ass so they thought they could do better than the guy that gave them more wins than any other coach they've had).

eagles just looked more attractive than the ducks.

i think he'll do well there. they'll win the NFCE next year.

Honestly it makes me wonder about what has all gone done since he first decided to decline there offer. RG3 injury, the Giants front office being somewhat stripped, the Cowboys ineptitude. I know this is probably a reach but that conference is not looking as strong as it did a month ago. Maybe my timeline is off though.

#37 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Plus what I took from the Gettleman press conference, Ron Rivera isn't going anywhere, anytime soon unless he royally phucks up. I know there is an evaluation period, but DG is trying make him better and that's not going to happen in one year. So everyone, put on your house coats, grab the remote and get ready for RR over the next 3 years. You heard it here first.

In other words, Chip doesn't have time to wait for a dysfunctional org to make up their minds on want they want to do. In fact, I bet our org is a turn off to a lot of the top coaches out there and don't let JR mislead you, there were some discussions with some top coaches but I bet none even returned a call leaving RR as the top candidate.

#38 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

This will be interesting. I'm not sold on Kelly, so I'll appreciate the opportunity to see how the Eagles do from a distance.

And if they do well at least they're not in our division, and we already played the NFC East.

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

So much for that whole "holding out for the Panthers" thing.

i wouldn't be surprised if he would rather have the panthers than the other teams he was looking at because cam fits really well what he wants to do. he's got less to work with in philly or cleveland than here.

i think there are more than jon gruden who have their eyes on this franchise if rivera can't keep his job. gettleman being the personnel guy he is might even pursuade some potential HCs who wanted total control of the team to back off that a little bit.

best thing for the panthers, tho, is for rivera to do well here. although i lack faith in his ability to close games, i'm hoping that he gets his crap together and we turn into the perrenial winner that we should be.

#40 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,215 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Philly radio saying that there was a counter-offer from the Eagles that did it.

#41 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,215 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

So everyone, put on your house coats, grab the remote and get ready for RR over the next 3 years. You heard it here first.

2 years maybe. I don't see contract extensions if we don't make the playoffs.

#42 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Glad we still have Rivera...
Posted Image

#43 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Well we might be facing them in the playoffs for years to come. At least we know Cam can win against him.

#44 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

i wouldn't be surprised if he would rather have the panthers than the other teams he was looking at because cam fits really well what he wants to do. he's got less to work with in philly or cleveland than here.

i think there are more than jon gruden who have their eyes on this franchise if rivera can't keep his job. gettleman being the personnel guy he is might even pursuade some potential HCs who wanted total control of the team to back off that a little bit.

best thing for the panthers, tho, is for rivera to do well here. although i lack faith in his ability to close games, i'm hoping that he gets his crap together and we turn into the perrenial winner that we should be.

Mortensen's on radio saying the Eagles job was the most attractive to him.

Also stated that Kelly actually had agreed to be the Bucs head coach last year before suddenly backing out. This year it was the same dance, but rather than say yes and back out he just waited to say yes.

Apparently the reports about him being really indecisive on this were true.

#45 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

This will be how JR sees Rivera in 3 years , lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com