Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Gettlman.. meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I had set out to quote the OP and pull it apart line by line...then I had a moment of clarity, saw who it came from, and remembered that it's either someone who's just never going to get it or is a troll (which is far more likely).

If someone could watch Gettleman's presser and hear Marty Hurney speaking to them they're beyond my help anyway.

Posted

Where is this guys "funny panther meme" thread? lmao

Posted

Wow.

Just.....wow.

Posted

how many hours before PT makes another thread about how gettleman is the best GM ever?

i say 20.

Posted

Choo Choo!!!

Posted

I also didn't like his own guys comment. I know that was one of the reasons JR hired him

I didn't get the idea about Rivera as some has. I got the idea that if things not working, he's definitely moving forward is what I do like

His FA comments were fine to me. Build through the draft and add FA if and when you need it, if you couldn't build through the draft

Posted

The whole "Hurney II" thing is just silly.

I'll expand on what a PFT commenter said:

Gettleman is just like Hurney, if you take away 25 years of experience as a successful talent evaluator, being part of 6 conference champions and having 3 Super Bowl rings.

2 people like this

Posted

PantherTrain enters/creates a thread, says something likely to cause outrage then leaves, never to be seen in said thread again. He's blatantly a troll, stop pandering to him.

Posted

The whole "Hurney II" thing is just silly.

I'll expand on what a PFT commenter said:

Gettleman is just like Hurney, if you take away 25 years of experience as a successful talent evaluator, being part of 6 conference champions and having 3 Super Bowl rings.

I totally agree but panthertrain should never be taken seriously

Posted

How has it worked out in Philly and Tampa with all their high priced free agents?

Gettleman didn't say he wouldn't go after high priced FAs, he said it isn't his preference bc it is a big gamble. High priced FAs please the fans but don't work out more than they do. For every high priced FA that worked, I can name 10 that didn't.

Posted

I'd take another Hurney 2.0. He got us Cam and Luke in the last two Drafts.

Our poor seasons came from Chico not Hurney.

Last but not least, you make too much threads

Posted

This is the same poster who said that we would be a playoff team if Derek Anderson was the starting QB this past season, so.....