Photo
- - - - -

What if?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:30 AM

What if we learned that the Mayans were right, and there was a meteor headed our way in 2012 that there was no way we could stop? Would all the people who make fun of religion on here still make fun of religion, or would they go to church with everyone else?

Discuss

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,309 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:44 AM

Well, I'd say we were all going to the wrong church, and the Mayan blood sacrifice racket would see a jump in popularity.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,225 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:51 AM

Come on Meat! You know if a meteor was headed to Earth, The Barry would just fly into outer space, catch the meteor in his hands, and hurl the meteor back out into space. Or, he would do some type of ninja kick, causing the meteor to break into pieces and burn up in the Earth's atmosphere. Where have you been the last 5 months?

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

They say there are no atheists in foxholes. I just wonder what would happen. My feeling is cruelty and mistreatment of others would cease almost entirely, and everybody would want some meaning out of all of this. Discuss.

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,503 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

Think of the booty potential.

"Um...still a virgin? You know I can save you from those new sacrifices that Mayan church is kicking up again right?"

#6 Ounce

Ounce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

I thought we'd just send Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck to take care of it, though I'd prefer that this time Affleck was the one to stay and finish the job...

#7 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:10 AM

I'd say total anarchy. We would see the absolute worst in the human race.

#8 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:17 AM

I will rape pillage and plunder

#9 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,527 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

I will rape pillage and plunder

...and shrimpin. :rofl:

#10 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

I'd say total anarchy. We would see the absolute worst in the human race.

This.

#11 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

I seriously doubt those who aren't religious followers would all of a sudden become such. At least most of them wouldn't. Those that rode the fence possibly would though. Not quite sure how a meteor approaching would make those who don't believe in a god start to believe. And the whole "hail mary" approach to salvation at the last minute is stupid imo.

As far as behavior of humans as a whole, I doubt all that much would change except there wouldn't be as much motivation to work hard and get rich. I'm sure there would be riots but there would be an equal number of folks who would stop fighting and coexist peacefully with others for the last 3.5 years of existence.

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

I seriously doubt those who aren't religious followers would all of a sudden become such. At least most of them wouldn't. Those that rode the fence possibly would though. Not quite sure how a meteor approaching would make those who don't believe in a god start to believe. And the whole "hail mary" approach to salvation at the last minute is stupid imo.

As far as behavior of humans as a whole, I doubt all that much would change except there wouldn't be as much motivation to work hard and get rich. I'm sure there would be riots but there would be an equal number of folks who would stop fighting and coexist peacefully with others for the last 3.5 years of existence.

#13 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

Actually it would be 3.5 years

December 2012

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,309 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I'd hope I was one of the people with bad math skills. "WHAT!!!I thought I had another Yeaaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh"!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

I'd hope I was one of the people with bad math skills. "WHAT!!!I thought I had another Yeaaaaaarrrrggghhhhhh"!!!!!!!!!!!

No joke. Poor Meat will be ready a year too soon. Kinda like those cults in Utah.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com