Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

What if?

if it's some special kind of comet that makes everyone stupid, i could see the point of this thread.

I wouldn't. I'd wish an amazing all powerful god who actually cared about mankind was around to stop the damn thing but I'm not so foolish to believe there actually is one.

Also I don't/wouldn't let fear control my opinion of the existence of God. That's what theist do.

Having read multiple books on evolutionary biology and having been quite fascinated by the subject for many years, I can safely say that it has had little to no effect on my religious beliefs except to reinforce them.

what were your religious beliefs? they did on mine. they didn't convince me there isn't a god but they definetly help alter my opinion of religion.

what were your religious beliefs? they did on mine. they didn't convince me there isn't a god but they definetly help alter my opinion of religion.

My religious beliefs when I started reading up on evolution? Nonexistant. Beyond believing that religion was only good for telling extensive fables I barely gave the subject thought. It took me three years of solitude to get around that.

I'll be on my farm, gun at my side, drinkin shine and sweet tea enjoying life while I have it. Why waste time in a church?

I'll be on my farm, gun at my side, drinkin shine and sweet tea enjoying life while I have it. Why waste time in a church?

Because the invisible guy in the sky wants your cash.

What you did...

Procreate -

<

What God did...

Create -

procreation = ordinary process...Kind of a big difference

I thought all you liberals were up on your book learnin' :D

Thats funny that you had to use the word evolve in your description of God.

Because the invisible guy in the sky wants your cash.

:lol:

I'll pour out an itty bitty bit of shine for the folks in church wasting their time

To even ask this question of atheists illustrates that you have very little understanding of why we are atheists.

This question is like me asking you "What if all the religious people on here were forced to read multiple books on evolutionary biology. Would they still be religious after that?"

It's a silly question.

That's because the believers feel that agnostics/atheists really, truly do believe there is a god but choose not to follow it. I know, I know. I think it's ghey too, but what're you gonna do? They always present these doomsday scenarios, or "your family is about to die" or "you're about to die and have 5 minutes to live" WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? WOULD YOU PRAY??

:idea:

Religion is built around fear. Fear of going to hell if you don't follow the book.... The believers apparently feel that if an agnostic/atheist is in enough fear that they will call for help from the invisible god

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Icy89