Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

What if?

100 posts in this topic

That's because the believers feel that agnostics/atheists really, truly do believe there is a god but choose not to follow it.

Nah, not all of us. Just like I'm sure not all agnostics/atheists believe that all believers truly don't believe there is a God but choose to follow ritual out of comfort.

At least, I hope not.

That's because the believers feel that agnostics/atheists really, truly do believe there is a god but choose not to follow it. I know, I know. I think it's ghey too, but what're you gonna do? They always present these doomsday scenarios, or "your family is about to die" or "you're about to die and have 5 minutes to live" WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? WOULD YOU PRAY??

:idea:

The problem with that is that is if I knew my end was very near I would want my wife and daughter to know just how much I value their existence, not some imaginary guy in the sky, because if this christian god loved me as much as advertised, he would want the same thing.

My religious beliefs when I started reading up on evolution? Nonexistant. Beyond believing that religion was only good for telling extensive fables I barely gave the subject thought. It took me three years of solitude to get around that.

3 years of solitude?

can you explain futher because when i hear that i have to say wouldn't God if he existed make it a little easier for us to believe he exist especially if an eternity in hell is our fate if we don't

What ItsNot was trying to tell you is that he had a sabbatical at his winter home

inthefortress.jpg

Religion is built around fear. Fear of going to hell if you don't follow the book.... The believers apparently feel that if an agnostic/atheist is in enough fear that they will call for help from the invisible god

Someone has misled you on what followers of Christ believe. Nobody is capable of "following the book." You go to hell if you don't accept what was already sacrificed for you by Him

Random pronoun capitalization is usually a sign that the conversation is about to get wacky.

Someone has misled you on what followers of Christ believe. Nobody is capable of "following the book." You go to hell if you don't accept what was already sacrificed for you by Him

Thank you for proving my point. If you don't accept thois and believe thos, you're going to hell when you die. Sounds like preying one someone's fears to me. Or blackmail. Don't forget to donate 10%, btw. Your god is broke.

What is thois and thos? And its no more preying on fears than a doctor making a diagnoses and prescribing medicine; if you don't believe you need saving, or if you believe that when you die you just rot, then there's nothing I can say that will change that. If you don't believe it, than following Christ is foolishness to you. I expect that and don't hold it against you. But it's never too late :)

There's evidence that God exists and evidence that He doesn't. I believe that the evidence falls more on the exist side plus the fact that I have a relationship with Him.

I actually do donate 10% (foolish to you I know) but He owns everything; I am just showing respect by giving some of it back.

What is thois and thos?

Many apologies. I have fat fingers and was typing on my blackberry. I hope you'll forgive.

And its no more preying on fears than a doctor making a diagnoses and prescribing medicine

:lol: If you really believe that then don't go to the doctor the next time you're ill, break something or whatever- your god will heal you (just keep tithing)

if you don't believe you need saving, or if you believe that when you die you just rot, then there's nothing I can say that will change that. If you don't believe it, than following Christ is foolishness to you. I expect that and don't hold it against you.

Excellent. Thank you for your understanding. I don't need another person testifying to me.

There's evidence that God exists

Oh is there now? I wouldn't categorize faith as evidence.

I actually do donate 10% (foolish to you I know) but He owns everything; I am just showing respect by giving some of it back.

That's neat and I won't take anything away from donating to churches. A lot of them do great things with that money for the poor, sick, needy, homeless, etc. So, good for you. And it's nice to have that little bit extra to write off on your taxes too

Does Megatron=Jesus?

Galvatron=Reincarnated Jesus?

Unicron=God?

I could dig that