Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Manti Te'o lied about his Girlfriend dying

548 posts in this topic

is he on record to have met this "internet girlfriend." Because if thats the case, why would he even put this statement out?

Yes. He told a news article they met once in Palo Alto.

Teo is at IMG right now preparing for the draft. Wonder how much more media will show up at IMG tonight?

If that does end up being the case, I think there will equal coverage given to the ramifications of him needing to do that as there is bashing him. I can understand making up a beard, a lot of people do it. The whole 'she died and coma and car crash" is nutso though.

Yeah... Come to think of it, IF she was created just to throw his friends & family off, & it just spiraled out of control on him, he could wind up smelling like roses. Even with the cockeyed story ND just put out.

Having said that, it's also possible that this could've just been an attempt to get sympathy votes for the Heisman.

Yes. He told a news article they met once in Palo Alto.

Really that could be the result of people pressing him about an 'online girlfriend' so he just said they met to not be embarrassed.

As much as I want this to be a hilarious catastrophe, it reads like he fell for someone pretending to be this woman online and was just naive enough to fall for it for a long time.

inb4 anonymous hacks his emails and releases all the rough cybersex they had going on.

Really that could be the result of people pressing him about an 'online girlfriend' so he just said they met to not be embarrassed.

As much as I want this to be a hilarious catastrophe, it reads like he fell for someone pretending to be this woman online and was just naive enough to fall for it for a long time.

you're crazy if you think Manti wasn't in on it.

Maybe Manti Teo was fake too, cuz I was looking for him in the title game and apparently he didn't exist.

you're crazy if you think Manti wasn't in on it.

i don't think one way or another; i haven't reached a conclusion. there isn't enough evidence yet.

This is what I'm thinking. Wonder who the creepy old guy playing the part of the chick is.

This is what I'm thinking. Wonder who the creepy old guy playing the part of the chick is.

Didn't he say he talked on the phone for hours with the person?