Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Manti Te'o lied about his Girlfriend dying

548 posts in this topic

ND presser coming up at 8. :popcorngif:

what channel?

Kid isn't a victim....kid is caught in a lie make desperate moves. LMAO at NDs "statement" on the issue.

"Te'o's girlfriend still not as fake as Cam's smile" - ESPN Headline

what channel?

Looks like ESPN News is going to carry it.

You could argue that he's virtually undraftable now, in the same vein as the guy who was revealed to have had sex with his sister.

Honestly, how do you put this guy in your locker room with a story like this attached to him?

Oh he was in on it, come on.

Like others have said, he was talking on the phone? Was this guy talking in a woman's voice? Also, you're telling me a star athlete in college can't get chicks in person, and multiples of them? There's too many lies on his part, for him to not be in on it.

So either

1) It was fabricated for attention, publicity, etc.

2) He's gay. It all fits. His friend was always there instead of his "g/f". He didn't want anyone to know he's gay because of the football world. He probably figured, that if people thought he had a girlfriend at least in the past, they wouldn't assume he was gay. And when he didn't have a girlfriend in the future, they wouldn't think much of it, thinking "Oh, he's not over his love of his life". So far less suspicions I suspect his family was definitely involved though, they had to be.

Either or, he's screwed. Most people will believe he's lying, and if he tells them he WAS in on it, they'll find out he's gay (if that's the story) and I'm not sure teams will draft someone that is open about that (I know people have came out later but yeah).

It's a bad situation for the guy, not sure I can really fault him for this if that is indeed the reason (hiding his sexual orientation). I guess coming out with those statements is him and ND trying to save face as long as they can.

The more I think about it the more I believe that he should just come out & say something to the effect of "Yeah I'm gay. I made her up because of the culture of football & the culture of this country. I'm sorry but i really wanted to play without causing distractions."

Even if it's not true.

That would be the easy way to get the heat off of him and right now it seems like that would be the only way to get the heat off of him. The media would take that story and morph it into some discussion that makes him the victim and will garner all types of sympathy.

Lol...espn is airing an interview right now from October where he is saying on camera that he fell asleep talking to her on the phone every night. WTF. Mormons dude. Mormons.

Press conference now on ESPNNews

Wow.... Even NFLN cut out of their programming to talk about it. The girl wasn't even real lol what a low life

Lol Irish AD saying Manti is the victim of the hoax. Case closed then I guess, fellas!