Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manti Te'o lied about his Girlfriend dying

549 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his magic underpants won't save him in this situation...

Guns... check

Fire... check

Saving face after making up a sob-story girlfriend... on your own, dude...

Posted

This isn't the same kind of story as Washington, either. Washington was not this high level of a prospect anyway.

Washington was on the rise after a strong combine performance. Te'o is coming off a lousy bowl game and will face questions about how sympathy for his story may have inflated his stock.

More to the point, like Washington, Teo's story will come with a huge amount of publicity, all negative. He'll also have the colossal stigma of being the guy who lied about a dead girlfriend which means media scrutiny wherever he goes.

Any GM that looks at him is going to have to believe he's such a phenomenal player that it'd be worth the circus that's bound to follow him.

I have my doubts that he's actually that good.

Posted

Lennay_zps98bea094.jpg
3 people like this

Posted

Lennay_zps98bea094.jpg

now that is fuging awesome

Posted

Just imagine if he had won the heisman...

Posted

"They started out as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

And it was around this time that Manti and his father began filling in details about the linebacker's relationship with Lennay. Brian Te'o told multiple reporters that the family had never met Kekua; the Te'os were supposed to spend time with her when they visited South Bend, Ind., for Notre Dame's Senior Day on Nov. 17.

So despite her visiting Hawaii multiple times, he never introduced her to his family?

Posted

Whatever the media dishes out is nothing compared to his family and church if he comes out as a gay Mormon.

I don't know if this is fuged up, but I kind of want him to be gay, just to see the interesting stories/conversations/debate that comes of it. It'd be better then all the constant shitty The Golden Calf of Bristol/lebron stories.

Posted

I am so fuging confused

Posted

I don't know if this is fuged up, but I kind of want him to be gay, just to see the interesting stories/conversations/debate that comes of it. It'd be better then all the constant shitty The Golden Calf of Bristol/lebron stories.

i'd rather the first high profile gay NFL player not be such a strange lying weirdo.

Posted

I agree. I don't care if he's gay nor do I think his teammates will either. Taking a shower after the game, that's another story

Posted

i'd rather the first high profile gay NFL player not be such a strange lying weirdo.

arent you gay yourself?

Posted

Seems like a lie to cover up a lie to cover up a lie. Kid just needs to come out and say he made it all up and move on. He will get drafted he is comes out with the truth. Let the lie continue and he will regret it.