Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manti Te'o lied about his Girlfriend dying

549 posts in this topic

Posted

i did what the ad at notre dame said and after watching mtv I think he's innocent! What a joke. This kids about to get the tiger woods treatment from the media for sure!

Posted

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/01/16/lennay-kekua-manti-teos-fake-dead-girlfriend-was-real-says-arizona-cardinals-fullback-reagan-mauia-who-claims-to-have-met-her/

WTF??

Reagan Mauia, a fullback on the Arizona Cardinals, has added another layer to theimpossible-to-believe Manti Te’o fake girlfriend/hoax story. He talked to ESPN:

“This was before her and Manti,” Mauia said Wednesday evening. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was — I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa.”

Mauia said Tuiasosopo — whom Mauia believes is Kekua’s cousin — introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an “after-party” for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

“She was tall,” he said. “Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model … ”

He said it is his understanding that Kekua’s mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he’d never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said “No, she is real.”

Posted

haha yea. And apparently Troy Polamalu knew her too. This is the most bizarre story I have ever heard.

Posted

Could it be possible that Tuiasosopo could be behind everything and playing these dumbass athletes to somehow extort money/etc. from once they hit the NFL?

Posted

I'm already tired of hearing about this. It doesn't change his on the field talent so I truly don't care and you shouldn't either.

Posted

I think he's getting played. Lets look at some different ways to view this here.

1. He's Mormon.

2. Mormons don't believe in premarital sex.

3. That means he doesn't need to grab the sexiest girl on campus he isn't going to do anything with her anyway.

4. He would probably get pressure from inside the locker room and friends to have sex with a girl on campus because that's how we guys are.

5. At that point he'd only be looking for an emotional relationship not a physical one.

6. What's a perfect way to get that? An Internet girlfriend.

7. There is also a stigma to online dating like "you've never seen her? She's probably a dude."

8. That could explain the lies he told about there meeting and seeing each other to avoid getting Ridicule by people.

9. This could also explain his dad covering for him to save his son from that type of ridicule.

This is just a different way to look at things that could add up to reasons why there are things that don't add up

Posted

All this story needs now is a rapid spider monkey and some peanut butter.

Posted

AHHHH....ESPN cleared it up.....sounds like a real jackass

Posted

Hard to believe Teo when says it was a hoax. He said himself they meant outside a Stanford game and later she visited him in Hawaii. Also if you were talking to someone online or not, it would be easy to find out if they died. Seems like even if they had never meant he would have went to visit the family after her death or at least spoke to her parents, got a funeral program or something. I really rooted for him this year and I can't stand Notre Dame, I regret that now.

Posted

312325_10152461446895565_1770235690_n.jpg

Posted

Instead of Tebowing, we now have...

teoing_zps0fe3f0bc.jpg