Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manti Te'o lied about his Girlfriend dying

549 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe Manti Teo was fake too, cuz I was looking for him in the title game and apparently he didn't exist.

Posted

you're crazy if you think Manti wasn't in on it.

i don't think one way or another; i haven't reached a conclusion. there isn't enough evidence yet.

Posted

Really that could be the result of people pressing him about an 'online girlfriend' so he just said they met to not be embarrassed.

As much as I want this to be a hilarious catastrophe, it reads like he fell for someone pretending to be this woman online and was just naive enough to fall for it for a long time.

This is what I'm thinking. Wonder who the creepy old guy playing the part of the chick is.

Posted

This is what I'm thinking. Wonder who the creepy old guy playing the part of the chick is.

Didn't he say he talked on the phone for hours with the person?

Posted

It'll be hilarious when Manti is on next season's "To Catch a Predator".

Hello Manti, I'm...Chris Hansen.

chris-hanson-nice-to-see-you-266x325.jpg

Posted

yeah, i dont believe one way or the other. he could or couldnt be in on it and we probably wont know the whole story. this probably is big until the weekend then blows over then comes back up near the draft

Posted

Didn't he say he talked on the phone for hours with the person?

Eh yeah good point.

Probably some big girl.

Posted

Source tells Deadspin (who first reported Manti Te'o fake girlfriend story) that he's 80% sure Te'o participated in hoax.

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter)

January 16, 2013

Posted

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple."

Posted

Some elements of the story really only make sense if he was in on it.

Overall, the whole thing is just weird beyond belief.

Posted

The more I think about it the more I believe that he should just come out & say something to the effect of "Yeah I'm gay. I made her up because of the culture of football & the culture of this country. I'm sorry but i really wanted to play without causing distractions."

Even if it's not true.