#376 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

If this story gets any bigger I'm going to run out of popcorn.

Posted Image

#377 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,982 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Analysis from NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah

Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax will factor into NFL draft evaluation

Several media members have asked me how this situation could potentially affect Te'o's draft stock. My answer: I have no idea. I've posed that exact question to a handful of NFL executives and they've provided me with the same answer. We've never seen anything quite like this situation.

There are still so many questions surrounding this strange "fake" girlfriend hoax. NFL teams will be interested in finding out the truth, but they will be even more interested in finding out if Te'o's strong overall reputation is based in fact. His teammates at Notre Dame should expect a lot of attention from NFL scouts over the next few months. NFL personnel departments will ask everyone around Te'o for their opinion on this particular situation, as well as every other area of his life.

Prior to the NFL Scouting Combine, every NFL team compiles a list of the 60 prospects that they would like to formally interview in Indianapolis. Before this story broke, I would have estimated that Te'o would be lined up for about 12 to 15 interviews. Some teams wouldn't be in the market for a high-round middle linebacker, while others wouldn't feel the need to deeply probe a player with impeccable character.

Following this news, though, I fully expect all 32 teams to put the Notre Dame captain on their interview lists. He will need to explain this situation to every franchise at the combine, and the questions won't stop there. He will be grilled about his own "authenticity" and asked to explain individual examples of how he displayed his famed leadership qualities.

#378 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Analysis from NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah

Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax will factor into NFL draft evaluation

Never heard of him.....But I don't disagree that it will factor into his draft evaluation and may even wipe him off a couple of teams boards. I just strongly disagree that he is in jeopardy of not getting drafted. It's even more ridiculous to think that there is a posibility that he might not even get picked up as an unsigned FA.

#379 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,982 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Never heard of him.....But I don't disagree that it will factor into his draft evaluation and may even wipe him off a couple of teams boards. I just strongly disagree that he is in jeopardy of not getting drafted. It's even more ridiculous to think that there is a posibility that he might not even get picked up as an unsigned FA.

If teams look at him the same way they did Tony Washington, he won't be.

Whether or not that happens? Unknown.

#380 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,982 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Want yet another layer?

According to Pat Forde, Notre Dame officials knew, but kept it quiet.

Sources: Manti Te'o's representatives passed on chance to release story about fictional girlfriend

In the days following the BCS championship game, there was significant internal debate at Notre Dame about when to go public with the revelation that star linebacker Manti Te'o's girlfriend was a hoax, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Some administrators were pressing for a unilateral public disclosure by the school, while others wanted to let Te'o himself make the stunning news public, the source said. Notre Dame officials were in contact with Te'o's agent, Tom Condon of Creative Artists Agency, and were told the Heisman Trophy runner-up planned to release his version of events Monday. The decision was made to wait and let Te'o and CAA control the message.

But that disclosure never came, and instead the news broke in a bombshell report from Deadspin Wednesday afternoon.

Plus more from Deadspin regarding what his teammates saw (link)

#381 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Why would this kid waste that kind of talent in the nfl anyway? Leonardo decaprio could sure use him as a supporting actor in his next film.

#382 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Why would this kid waste that kind of talent in the nfl anyway? Leonardo decaprio could sure use him as a supporting actor in his next film.

If he was a good actor people would believe him... maybe a pitch man?

#383 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2...oto-girlfriend/

#384 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,982 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

TMZ involvment solidifies the "circus" status :lol:

Gotta feel sorry for the women whose pictures were used in this mess. They had no part in this weirdness and likely wouldn't want to be dragged into the national spotlight as part of something like this.

#385 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2...oto-girlfriend/

Holy poo, now im even more confused.

#386 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Want yet another layer?

According to Pat Forde, Notre Dame officials knew, but kept it quiet.

Sources: Manti Te'o's representatives passed on chance to release story about fictional girlfriend

Someone came up with the hypothesis that this started because he was gay, the story started to collapse, ND came up with the "cat fishing" angle & convinced him to go along with it.

The saddest outcome of this is that he's a socially awkward kid who really was duped, & due to his being embarrassed tried to hide it.

#387 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

I think the TMZ article helps show Manti may not have been behind Lennay.

However, my opinion still stands the same. Manti didn't know she was fake but took advantage of the situation in order to gain publicity from the media. Someone was playing him while he was playing us.

#388 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,982 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Teammates opinion was that he was duped at first, but even after he knew he continued to lie about it for the attention.

I got a feeling we have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa then we do the full story here.

#389 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,268 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Once this Lance Armstrong interview is aired, this Te'o thing will go away as long as he keeps his mouth shut. If I were Te'o I wouldn't speak again until someone put a gun to my head.

#390 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Teammates opinion was that he was duped at first, but even after he knew he continued to lie about it for the attention.

I got a feeling we have a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa then we do the full story here.

Yeah, either that or why come clean about it and make himself look like an idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com