• Please log in to reply
548 replies to this topic

#436 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I want to believe that Te'o just got duped, but considering all of the connections and even in the SI article he said he was introduced by his cousin (who I assume is Tuiasosopo), I just don't see how he wasn't in on it to some degree.

I also think it speaks volumes that he hasn't publicly came out at anytime and spoke about it.

I got duped (kind of, lol) as a teen back in the AOL days, after the fact, it turned out to be a hilarious story, still is, and thankfully I had friends there who witnessed it... So, if he isn't able to let it go and laugh it off at this point, it tells me that he feels some degree of guilt because of it.

#437 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

http://1280thezone.c...isten/alema_teo

wow

#438 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Two days AFTER learning of hoax, Te’o said girlfriend died of cancer

http://profootballta...died-of-cancer/

And now perhaps we know why linebacker Manti Te’o has chosen to remain silent for now.

Before he speaks, his handlers need to delve into every nook and cranny of every thing that he or someone in his family said about the situation, so that he’ll be ready for the questions he inevitably faces — from whoever asks them.

Here’s a nook and/or cranny that will open up yet another delicate line of questions. According to WSBT-TV, Te’o made reference to his dead girlfriend two days after the day he supposedly learned of the hoax.

“I don’t like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer,” Te’o said on December 8, while talking to reporters in advance of the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

On Wednesday, Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick said Te’o learned of the hoax on December 6, while he was attending the ESPN college football awards ceremony in Orlando.

#439 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

at best he was the subject of a pretty shitty hoax but then allowed himself to continue to profit from it after finding out the truth... which is still pretty shitty.

#440 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

at best he was the subject of a pretty shitty hoax but then allowed himself to continue to profit from it after finding out the truth... which is still pretty shitty.

Teammates have said he loved the attention he got following her death.

That in and of itself is a red flag.

#441 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,523 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I've gone through every single emotion that david has since hearing about this story

#442 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

at the very end of the interview, Manti's uncle said that Manti informed the school right after he found out she was "alive" (after the award show) but yesterday the AD said the school didn't know until 20 days later.

#443 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,642 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Listening to Lance Armstrong right now, I can now see how Te'o can live a lie after lie

#444 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I haven't read the entire thread but here is a photo of his alleged imaginary girlfriend. Real name Diane O'meara.

Posted Image

#445 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

I've gone through every single emotion that david has since hearing about this story

I've gone through all the emotions bound up in this picture.

Posted Image

#446 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,523 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I've gone through all the emotions bound up in this picture.

Posted Image

I just listened to that interview with Manti's uncle. This story is beyond fuging crazy. This person that did this to him is pure evil.

#447 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

I haven't read the entire thread but here is a photo of his alleged imaginary girlfriend. Real name Diane O'meara.

Posted Image

She's gotta feel the weirdest out of everybody involved.

#448 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,561 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Didn't realize he was Mormon. Those fuggers are crazy so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

really? Becaue I can name much more Christians and Catholics that do crazier poo than this. Religion has nothing to do with it except give the media something to add it for controversial means and prey on individuals like you whoe do no research or have no facts but just believe the regurgitated, commercilized, sterotypical view.

I'm not mormon, but I was raised mormon and there are differences even within the faith just like Christians, Jews, Buddhist and Catholics really any other realigion. Modern LDS members are very nice, good, honest poeple. THere are crazy traditionalists (like EVERY religion, who believe unaccepted things) but just because someone is Mormon doesn't mean they believe anything more 'crazy' or wacked out than anyone else. Yea Mormon history of lots of wives etc., is not appealing to the masses but it's not any more whacked out then some of the poo Christians believe either. Don't even get me started on Christian/Catholic history, if you want to talk about some truley crazy poo. It's just more widley accepted so they don't get crtisized or doubted.

Kinda hard to say who is 'crazy' in a world of myth and faith, isn't it?

(no offense to catholics or christians, just the more accepted religions in the U.S.)

#449 Datawire

Datawire

• ALL-PRO
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

She's gotta feel the weirdest out of everybody involved.

Yeah no kidding! From my understanding she has already lawyered up.

#450 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

This kinda thing is why they tell people to be careful what you put of yourself online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com